Flying from inside house or car anyone?

I swapped amp. inputs. Trying to zero in on the loss. (complete loss after 500-600 ft out) I am still trying to explain it, but switching cables (I think it's amps) I had FULL signal out of the ball park. I will still try to explain it, but it worked, and that mattered at the time!

(The switch was made at the controller output ports, all cables were not changed at their locations.)

(The switch was made at the controller output ports, all cables were not changed at their locations.)
Are your amps manually configured differently? If not, I don't see how swapping the cables should produce different results unless there's a problem in the line.

I am waiting on a adapter for my immersion rc meter today. I don't know where a problem would lie, but there seems to be a paradox inline. Might be a amp blowout, but control and signal were full bars (pretty much) out past 10,000 ft. Both Sunhaus amps showed blue lights (with flickering), will test further..

Sunhaus has no configuring externally..

I plan way point missions for tests in the event of a mishap, but still need to get it down. My tests are getting better in the fact the signal is stable, I attribute it to well made connections, least amount of connections, shielded cable, good component choices.... and most of all, I always pray to YHWH to bring it back!

Last edited:
Interesting that swapping cables at RC ports made a difference. I got the ImmersionRC RF meter as well.....waiting for a couple adapters as well, then will begin my install. (Already got the LComms, Sunhans, etc.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

I must have spent..... ( ) on adapters in the last month, We'll see if they all pay off, so far I like it.

Reactions: cstout
I'm thrilled ( school girl twirl) on this mornings flight. ( I'm a thug, so school girl twirls aren't that important)...( unless I see a tight looking collage age girl)...

Last edited:
I hate night shift!!! Anyways....
Good stuff Gram!!! I'm dealing with about the same thing trying to eliminate every connection possible. Just hadn't had time to fly working 12's on a shutdown, but....
I'm expecting more from the Omni's because on this flight, I went 14,000+ completely stock... and that's with a low powered GL300C. I realize that you (Gram) had much more interference to deal with, and, I haven't actually done a distance test run yet with the L-coms, (again, shutdown) but the L-com 8.5 dB should out do the stock 5 dB by a long shot in the same area. The data shows some weirdness in the logs... I didn't lose video one time in the flight, I turned around at the first glitch, but that was the only glitch. The other problem, was the GPS Atti thing.. but won't discuss here due to irrelevant to this thread.. Just saying I'm going to expect more, flying in the same spot of coarse.
It's cool to know how to make something work, like swapping cables with each other, as in, rx to tx or visa versa, but I always want to know why it helps. Just a thougt, if I have my rx and tx right, rx is on the right on remote, (holding it) and if the p4 is flying away from you, the tx is on the right leg throwing video back to the remote, same if the bird is flying back to you, so, the signals are never crossed. Video is always on right in the air, and control on the left. Makes me wonder if this is the difference when you swap cables. Maybe your first run, the signals were having to cross each other. I could be wrong, just trying to understand the "why".

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Johnny makes me drink!!!

I don't know why, but I'm gonna try to find out!

I have worked nights for the last 8 years, Hence the Gollum mentality. I fight to break forth into the sunlight , like other Phantom respectables!... (gains composure). We, of the night shift will crush the day users tally. I mean..... We are trying to better the Phantoms performance. ( suit and tie speech).

Reactions: cstout
Some of the reasoning of my thoughts are like when in Turbo's ice flight, when he turned the phantom is when his video was lost. A sideways flight is the only time the signals are actually crossed in the air. I may be way off in this thinking, may make no difference at all, but... can it? lol I wanna know, so, work away Gram.. :)

I post videos in the way that I hope people watch the telemetry and visual objects ( in video view) to further the fight of better signal. I am learning from you all, and and thankful to prosper in your gold pot of facts ( Irish "shpiel of sayings" , not fit of this post)....

Reactions: JohnnyB
Some of the reasoning of my thoughts are like when in Turbo's ice flight, when he turned the phantom is when his video was lost. A sideways flight is the only time the signals are actually crossed in the air. I may be way off in this thinking, may make no difference at all, but... can it? lol I wanna know, so, work away Gram.. :)
(Does ice flight drifting in fact impact db loss)? ( Abe Lincoln beard twist)

(Does ice flight drifting in fact impact db loss)? ( Abe Lincoln beard twist)
It's not just turbo's ice flight vid loss in turn, I've also noticed in different vid's. Dirtdroner, (I believe) changed his dipoles placement because he was losing vid in the turns.. when he did change dipoles orientation, this was helped. Seems when at the edge of range, the turns are a common place to lose vid.

Off the top, I did watch it, From what I've seen/experienced, loss occurs when interference OR blockage occurs. So, Video lock/freeze or similar thing happens if interference (happens alot) or blockage (that group of trees blocked my olympic moment shot). I read a post of a guy stating he just paused, as the freeze/signal loss/ channel change happened and continued on (It is easy to say to pause as the trees are coming at the screen), but I see his point. This technology is awesome, but is limited in certain ways (Chinese satellite blasts). I always need to step back, and know , I am Niel Armstrong of the Drone testing (the guy in back of Cape Canaveral bringing Tang to Buzz Aldrin). When Buzz shows ABC news how he filmed the crater with the crashed UFO in it ... it will be me having perfected the tech.... One giant leap.... indeed.... (Insert laughter here)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orthotutors