Flying from inside house or car anyone?

What length cable have you tested?
In my house 2 50ft runs of lmr 400 with hawking 2.4ghz 9dbi wifi outdoor antenna. In the car i used the L con 2.4ghz 8.5dbi wifi antenna with magnetic base. Comes with ten foot cable length i think. Either setup goes futher than 20,000ft if you wanted to do tnat.

Reactions: Dwilli9013
If you have a problem with my posts, please Report me to the Mods.

Settle down people. Let's keep it on topic.

As an aside, if anyone has a concern about a user's UAS activities and you feel it falls outside of FAA regulations and their ongoing disregard for safety presents a danger, it's very easy to report the activity to a local FSDO. A flight safety inspector will happily take it from there.

Awesome setup! How far can you go unboosted? I'm not a fan of the bulky FPVLR setup..

In my house 2 50ft runs of lmr 400 with hawking 2.4ghz 9dbi wifi outdoor antenna. In the car i used the L con 2.4ghz 8.5dbi wifi antenna with magnetic base. Comes with ten foot cable length i think. Either setup goes futher than 20,000ft if you wanted to do tnat.

That setup sounds unique you have a link to where to find/buy or setup you do the mods yourself

Not everyone on this forum lives in an area where this is illegal. Some travel to and/or own vacation homes in countries where this is entirely legal.

Please, if it offends you don't read it. Move on and let the others who want to discuss it do so.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm thinking if I get the maxxUAV boosted setup, I can just use these hard core antennas to place on the top of my car and fly from inside. They should connect right into the connectors used in the maxxUAV clean setup to avoid drilling anything. Would definitely help with the sun glare lol

I'm thinking if I get the maxxUAV boosted setup, I can just use these hard core antennas to place on the top of my car and fly from inside. They should connect right into the connectors used in the maxxUAV clean setup to avoid drilling anything. Would definitely help with the sun glare lol
That's what I'm thinking as well.... Anyone with a link to the specific antennae and cables used?.... Hopefully OP hasn't disappeared due to the less than friendly response...

I for one would love to sit in my air conditioned car while flying totally legal LOS flights in the 100+ degree summer heat that will be here soon...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is illegal to fly an unmanned aircraft from inside a car in every country that has established UAV laws.
It is also illegal to fly from within your home.
Every country in North America and most European nations have LOS and altitude laws.

The type of flying that is advocated here breaks several laws, not only in the US, but most countries.
Common sense alone should alert you to how unsafe this is.
Common sense should remind us that we are facing the restrictions we are because of this exact type of behavior.

I will not stand by and watch my hobby be banned because of a handful of rogue pilots who think they are above the law.

Going to give this one last chance. I understand that there is concern over safety. I certainly do not condone this type of flying. Having a spotter means nothing. It's purely BVLOS and above sanctioned altitudes. However, in fairness to the OP, he's not the only one doing this. And while we the mods are free to express our opinions, we only rule this little patch of cyberspace and not any activities in the real world.

If you have a concern that this activity or others will put people or other aircraft at risk, please don't call them names. Point out your concern politely. If you feel the poster in question is a continued risk and will not heed safety advice, you have the option to report it:

Report Aviation Safety Issues

And on that, I think the point has been made. Back to the topic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav