Flying from inside house or car anyone?

I modded my controller to power my gold sunhans amps and it's worked great for the last 7 months (and still works great). No extra weight or cables. One modded cable that plugs into the remote and splits to the two amps. Works amazing.
Yep.. will work for sunhans (5V) but RF-linx needs 12V. I knew yours worked. I almost modded mine the same today (thinking of your mod) while I had the 658C open but I need a full 12V when I'm using the RF-linx amps.

Reactions: cstout
Yep.. will work for sunhans (5V) but RF-linx needs 12V. I knew yours worked. I almost modded mine the same today (thinking of your mod) while I had the 658C open but I need a full 12V when I'm using the RF-linx amps.

I fully expect you to jam a small 12v battery in your remote. :)

LMBO.. just something to add to the list of things to check on the SAXU'S. Have you checked yours with a meter yet?
Not yet... I've been weekend-slugging (leaves wet snail trail)..

Just got a couple really good 12V batteries for the Linx.. but I also use the sunhans.. would be nice for them but guess I'll stick with outside batteries for now.

Reactions: cstout
I use those batteries universally with all my amps. (Adapted cables)..

Reactions: JohnnyB
You have both the sunhans and SAXU's, right?

Indeed I do. My poor SAXU's are neglected and I've been traveling a lot and using my sunhans for every recent flight.

Indeed I do. My poor SAXU's are neglected and I've been traveling a lot and using my sunhans for every recent flight.
Just wondering about 'your' comparison between the two...

Just wondering about 'your' comparison between the two...

Honestly, where I live it's pretty flat and I don't have much in my way as far as line of sight goes so in my flights they've been very comparable. The l-coms are heavily used and enjoyed when it's freezing out. :)

Honestly, where I live it's pretty flat and I don't have much in my way as far as line of sight goes so in my flights they've been very comparable. The l-coms are heavily used and enjoyed when it's freezing out. :)
Thanks. I've been using the gold's since October.. now that the cables in the remote are new, they're working great. Trying to get the SAXU's going. Wondering what the penetration difference is with others. Only having one flight with the SAXU's, not fair yet to compare.

FYI, adequate torque on the SMA connectors is only 8 in-lbs... at least that is all we torque all of ours down to on our Mil UAS stuff. How do you manage the LoS requirement while sitting inside?

Not sure of the accuracy of these meters.. but they WILL help troubleshoot. Glad to have it.

Reactions: Turbomania
Anyone with any extra injectors laying around? LOL!

Wait a minute here. What'd I miss? What in the world happened here? Was this on purpose or actual erratic behavior?! Lol either way I was stressed the whole time watching that. :p
LOL, Sorry :eek: That was on purpose but not my Phantom, I fly a few Race Quads also..
DJI Firmware updates always have people on edge, a perfect time to slip em the upside down video.. :)

edd20635a9bb33835f5c0659ffe20ccd.jpg

b51dd4e505c3d951297db23bdacd2d2e.jpg

Another setup and modification completed, magnetic mounts, 2 +9 omni and 5m extension [emoji1305]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1