Flying at Night?

I like night flying very much
IMG_8684.jpg

Drestin.....Of all the night time photos that i have seen posted here on this PP forum....Thats My VERY Favorite one....Great Job too.....Thanks for the share too !

Me and My son in law flew our last batterys today after dark..we had our strobes on the drones and with trees around us 100 feet out......we took OFF straight UP. to 100 feet and leveled off and flew the battery's to the warning level that set at 30%...we both had a really FUN time airborne together and....on the return to land it was approach to where the drones were straight over head and descend to land only making small flight adjustments to insure we both stayed out of the tree line....what a FUN Fun Time !

Last edited:
It depends where you are.. In the U.K. it is illegal. But elsewhere it may be fine. Although after “Gatwick” I wouldn’t be too keen to attempt it either

Reactions: The Flyer
It depends where you are.. In the U.K. it is illegal. But elsewhere it may be fine. Although after “Gatwick” I wouldn’t be too keen to attempt it either
I flew at night lots of times even in front of cops going over the Thames filming the boats. Had no issues myself personally

Definitely OK to fly at night in the UK. This is reply from the CAA on the subject.

"Thank you for your email. The Air Navigation Order does not differentiate between flying at night and day therefore there is nothing stopping a recreational user operating at night. Similarly to PfCO holders recreational pilots should take extra precautions and prepare for additional hazards when operating at night. This is further supported by article 94 (2) and (3) of the ANO which states flights should only be flown if reasonably satisfied they can be made safely, and that the pilot should maintain VLOS at all times which could be significantly reduced at night."

When doing my PfCO with night flying it was suggested that the best approach is to do the flight in daytime and set waypoints. Then simply a matter of flying the waypoints at night and you know you are clear of obstructions.

I like night flying very much
View attachment 106707

This is precisely the kind of shot I am planning near a large clover leaf. Taking the photo just after sunset (within 30 minutes of sundown) is the best time to avoid too much HDR challenge. The issue I'm facing is the location is about 1 mile beyond a runway. So ... I'll just have to admire this shot vs. taking my own. Very nice shot!

Reactions: White Shadow

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31