Flying at Night?

Philadelphia Boat House Row...
I am not a photographer by any means but the Phantom 4 Pro does take incredible nighttime pictures.

DJI_0030.JPG
DJI_0033.JPG

Reactions: White Shadow
I have found night time flights have provided me with great still images or video.
Nothing like a nice clear night with little wind to provide you with good flight conditions and the chance to capture unique photos or video.

Here, in Canada, it is illegal to fly your Phantom after sundown.....although, it is my understanding that Transport Canada is looking at 'relaxing' that rule.
I feel the latest Phantoms(P4 and onward) easily have the capability to conduct nighttime flights. With GPS tracking and navigation lights, there really isn't any need to
restrict nighttime flying.

All this aside, most Phantom pilots would agree that evening flying does provide you with nice opportunities to capture unique and interesting images.

This was with my regular P4P in Portland last month. My brand new v2.0 has SO MUCH yaw drift that even exposure of 1/2 second comes out blurry due to movement while the shutter is open.
DJI_0005.jpg

This was with my regular P4P in Portland last month. My brand new v2.0 has SO MUCH yaw drift that even exposure of 1/2 second comes out blurry due to movement while the shutter is open.
View attachment 106957

Can someone point me to a topic or page that well describes this “yawn drift” issue I’ve been seeing.

On my own P4 I have noticed that after the last firmware update it doesn’t hold rock steady anymore. I do not only low light flights but also exposure bracketing, so I need all five photos to be without any drift at all.

What’s up?

I pray this isn’t another tilted horizon bug (still not fully fixed)

Can someone point me to a topic or page that well describes this “yawn drift” issue I’ve been seeing.

On my own P4 I have noticed that after the last firmware update it doesn’t hold rock steady anymore. I do not only low light flights but also exposure bracketing, so I need all five photos to be without any drift at all.

What’s up?

I pray this isn’t another tilted horizon bug (still not fully fixed)
You will have luck doing a search on this forum (I don't recall the thread name, but I participated in a thread recently), although to save you some time, what I have read does not include any fix to the issue...

Hey, those are some nice images over night time Portland! :)
Well done.

I also fly the P4P but haven't run into the drifting that some are experiencing.
The other day, I was up flying in a tight spot(narrow area with trees and telephone poles and lines) and there was a stiff NW breeze hitting the Phantom pretty much side on.....

Despite this, the Phantom held its position quite well and I was able to get some nice images of a guy walking along railway tracks.

But, just thought I'd give you a thumbs up on those Portland images.
Nice. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z