Flying A Yunecc in Arches National Park!

Reaction score
I was on a Long Vacation on 09/08/2018 i was Leaving Arches National Park and see a Yuneec Drone in the air about midway in the Park! I did go up to this Guy And asked him to bring it down or get reported! He jut Blew me off (the Girls he was with Knew they Took OFF fast) he just gave me a Few Yeh Yeh's i showed the dashcam videos to the Rangers (took 30+ min to get to the Gate Arches is BIG) The are looking for this Guy now! I dont like to Snitch on people But Morons like this ruin it for all of us! I had to Fly outside all the Parks (I got nice footage of Devils Tower from a Legal area!) he said he had his FAA # , I have so much money in my Equpment now And to see someone breaking Every rule (flying over People, In a Restricted Area) Just Burns me up

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't really understand the ban on flying in National Parks. He wanted a view of the scenery just like anywhere else. As long as he wasn't buzzing other tourists and bothering them, no big deal.
Also, I'm not the Park Police. If it's not my circus then they aren't my clowns and I'm not going out of my way to say anything to them.

I don't really understand the ban on flying in National Parks. He wanted a view of the scenery just like anywhere else. As long as he wasn't buzzing other tourists and bothering them, no big deal.
Also, I'm not the Park Police. If it's not my circus then they aren't my clowns and I'm not going out of my way to say anything to them.
I asked several rangers at at least 5 different parks they all had a different answer the one I believe the least was for National security? If someone is going to do something bad the rules don’t matter!

Your upset because the yuneek operator got some footage you would liked to have? It certainly seems that way. By all means snitch on him if it makes you feel better but you would have been best to have left him alone. Achieved nothing.
I was [Language Removed by Moderator] because he was flying like a he never flew one before! The winds were high he had several people afraid to get close to there cars! Completely disruptive of the other visitors! I saw the drone from about a mile away if he wasn’t fly the way he was I might not have noticed it! So yeah I was assertive when I approached him! His response and body language is why I reported him! The girls with him knew he wasn’t supposed to be there that’s why they started walking away before I even rolled Down my window!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your upset because the yuneek operator got some footage you would liked to have? It certainly seems that way. By all means snitch on him if it makes you feel better but you would have been best to have left him alone. Achieved nothing.
Actually I got footage legally from outside the park just like I did at Devils Tower and Yellowstone I stayed outside the park! Not over people’s heads 10’ 20’ above them! This guy needed to learn he did everything to hurt the hobby and only cared about himself!

It looks like you took your video down so I never saw it.

If people want to know why drones are banned in NP, they can do a simply search.

To those that think it is okay as long as they don't fly around people, etc, etc.... it is ILLEGAL to fly from within a NP... if a person is willing to break the law and fly anyway, why do you think they would fly safely or not bother people? They are already showing that they don't feel the rules apply to them. The ban stops most people from flying with NP. Without the ban hundreds more would be flying.

This has been discussed to death in many prior threads. I'm not really up for a debate about it again.

I have _no_ issue with someone asking a person to stop breaking the law and if they blow them off, report them. I have no issues with that.

I was pissed because he was flying like a he never flew one before! The winds were high he had several people afraid to get close to there cars! Completely disruptive of the other visitors! I saw the drone from about a mile away if he wasn’t fly the way he was I might not have noticed it! So yeah I was assertive when I approached him! His response and body language is why I reported him! The girls with him knew he wasn’t supposed to be there that’s why they started walking away before I even rolled Down my window!
I suspect your performance with the foul language caused more disruption than the drone operation.

I suspect your performance with the foul language caused more disruption than the drone operation.
OK i said the F word after he flipped me the Bird so it was On! You cant see him after I stopped some people may have jumped out and given him a Beat down best to just let the Law deal with Him! you cant see what i saw before i drove up there and once he was off camera!

Last edited:

If people want to know why drones are banned in NP, they can do a simply search.

To those that think it is okay as long as they don't fly around people, etc, etc.... it is ILLEGAL to fly from within a NP... if a person is willing to break the law and fly anyway, why do you think they would fly safely or not bother people? They are already showing that they don't feel the rules apply to them. The ban stops most people from flying with NP. Without the ban hundreds more would be flying.

This has been discussed to death in many prior threads. I'm not really up for a debate about it again.

I have _no_ issue with someone asking a person to stop breaking the law and if they blow them off, report them. I have no issues with that.
exactly!!!!

I got some real nice shots Legally at dusk of Devils Tower just outside the park the one had a car go by Nice effect! thankfully the park boundary is not far out from the Tower i was close to the ground here im still sorting all the shots i used 5 128 gig cards its a lot to go through. I removed the incorrect photos since there’s a troll here that so much time on there hands they download and read the meta data in the photos?

Last edited:

I just marked it private till I get my words edited out don’t want to get warned about language

Reactions: With The Birds
Actually I got footage legally from outside the park just like I did at Devils Tower and Yellowstone I stayed outside the park! Not over people’s heads 10’ 20’ above them! This guy needed to learn he did everything to hurt the hobby and only cared about himself!
Reckless flying close to people is a different issue.

Reckless flying close to people is a different issue.
There were at least a dozen people standing to the side afraid to go to there vehicles because of him some with there cellphones in hand but cell service was almost impossible in the park that far I had no signal with sprint (wife’s cell) T-Mobile (hotspot) AT&T (my cell) I’m sure they were trying to call the rangers but couldn’t, I doubt I was the only one to report him but the only one with a dashcam in the area,

I don't really understand the ban on flying in National Parks.
Don't know about Arches, but in parks like Yellowstone with big animals, the drones would cause a lot of disturbance to the animals.
I've been to Yellowstone many times, and whenever there is a bear or moose or elk visible from the road, there will be a big crowd of people trying to get close, and a ranger keeping them back, both for their own safety, and to give the animals a little peace.

Don't know about Arches, but in parks like Yellowstone with big animals, the drones would cause a lot of disturbance to the animals.
I've been to Yellowstone many times, and whenever there is a bear or moose or elk visible from the road, there will be a big crowd of people trying to get close, and a ranger keeping them back, both for their own safety, and to give the animals a little peace.
I saw a bunch of elk outside the park in a rut no rangers in sight! People were getting way to close to them! It’s a bad situation when the males are all worked up! I took photos from my vehicle at 75+ yards away but some people were walking up to them with their phones to get a good photo! I left before someone got mauled that’s just plain stupidity I have a couple photos of people less then 10 feet from the elk! Because phones (most of them have weak zoom abilities) I used a 300mm on my T7i and would never use a drone around them! It was legal we’re i was but I knew it could increase the chances of people getting hurt that were to close!

Reactions: Javier Ruiz O
Ok gang! This is getting out of hand. If we can't be cordial to each other it's going to get messy for a few of us here.

If you can't be nice don't comment at ALL!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.