Flying a drone with only one compass

There is a reason there are two.
Be careful.
I have been trying to source an empty P4PV2 shell with all the cables intact to swap with mine but I cannot find any online. I have tried looking on eBay and amazon. Any links will be much appreciated. Will the P4P shell work on the P4PV2? I am seeing one on eBay but I am not sure. Please advice thanks. If I am not mistaken, the P4P does not have as many sensors as the P4PV2 right? That might be an issue if I swap the guts of the P4PV2 and put them into the P4P shell.

Sensors would be the same. If the shells are the same internally, I have no knowledge. I’ve not had a V2 opened. I know what the p4p looks like, but you would need both together to make that determination. Possibly someone can answer this.
Why do you need cables?

My phantom 4 pro v2 does not have the black, light grey, dark grey and white cables. It only has two. I am confused now. I will to find out what board I have so that I can buy the right landing gear kit to replace the bad compass but I do not know where the other compass will connect to. I see the empty port but I do not see any free port on the landing skid to attach it to. Originally it came with two dark grey cables. I changed one to black cause it had a short in it. Can anyone help me solve this slight problem please. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20201108_111642.jpg
    IMG_20201108_111642.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 274
The V2 runs on a different frequency than a V1.
The landing legs/gear for a V1 will not work on the V2.
Two wires only on the V2.
The cables you reference are antenna cables.

Last edited:
The V2 runs on a different frequency than a V1.
The landing legs/gear for a V1 will not work on the V2.
Two wires only on the V2.
The cables you reference are antenna cables.
So where do I plug in the second compass cable. I see the port but I do not know where to plug the other end.

Can someone please send me a picture of the compass cables attached to the main board on a P4Pv2. I only have compass one working. I need to know where to plug in compass two. Apparently I bought the drone with only

Found one that may provide a clue. Look at around the 39:00 minute mark.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have attached the board with all the cables. Please can you tell me where the missing compass cable will attach to when I purchase it?

Attachments

• P4PV2 MAIN BOARD.jpg
    P4PV2 MAIN BOARD.jpg
    731.7 KB · Views: 221
1. What color is the DJI emblem on the top center of the top shell?
2. Is the wire in the red circle plugged into a port, or just sitting in that position?
12EF85F3-65F1-4E78-9162-180A77655F5C.jpeg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic