Fly away lost drone

Reaction score
12 satilites , did the compass dance,second flight at location second fresh batt, 75% in flight in site,took hard left herd it enter stand of trees but vered out of site,could not find looked for hours,used binoculars to scan tree tops. Gave up ,left it in woods in siren wisc coy land Creek gun club. Not my best day

Gave up ,left it in woods in siren wisc coy land Creek gun club. Not my best day
If you are looking for cause and location start by uploading your device flight log to the link below. Assuming you did not loose signal we can usually locate it for you and possibly find the cause ( Allthough you indicated that ). ( Instructions are on the link provided ). Share the link to that back here and we can take a look.

Log Viewer

In post#2 there is....but here it is again: Log Viewer

Reactions: JoBe
12 satilites , did the compass dance,second flight at location second fresh batt, 75% in flight in site,took hard left herd it enter stand of trees but vered out of site,could not find looked for hours,used binoculars to scan tree tops. Gave up ,left it in woods in siren wisc coy land Creek gun club. Not my best day
Nnnnoooooo,mate very sorry on reading this,,hope you can find it,,get some kids together $20 to first who find it,,best of luck

Just metion in your flight record where you can watch flight track speed and direction ,because of crash you would not have synced flight,,once synced to a crashed flight that flight gone so DON'T SYNC it,,use it for last know position...I hope this help,,,,,,I say this cause my last flight on p4 crashed,,I look at this before and after I synced it,once I sync it cause flight did not Finnish it did not save,,,

This what I was meaning,,it might show last heading...worth a look
Screenshot_20190429-113459.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@ianzone .....That image is from the app. Not the actual detailed log.

I lost mine I be looking at anything to help give me ideas
I know...it's a start.....? But the actual logs are more precise.

Where did you do your compass dance? Any chance you managed to get a bad calibration due to the environment (iron/steel in proximity).

Once you get a good compass calibration it’s probably best to keep it unless the app asks you to recalibrate.

Reactions: Loz
If you are looking for cause and location start by uploading your device flight log to the link below. Assuming you did not loose signal we can usually locate it for you and possibly find the cause ( Allthough you indicated that ). ( Instructions are on the link provided ). Share the link to that back here and we can take a look.

Log Viewer

Log Viewer

Log Viewer

Going to look tomorrow,we searched this area canopy is thick might be stuck in tree, app helped huge,flight record helped,going to try before huge rain comes in evening.wish me luck

How tall are those trees, your were 185' close to where it went missing, it went missing at 195' shows at full ahead. Had you lost sight it near 2 mins to 2 mins 30 secs?

@Fly Dawg, @sar104, or few others well give you some more information.

If you got time, maybe upload another log from earlier, specially if you flew in the same place and or flew over the same PM's (Phantom Magnets)

Good luck, been there.....

Rod

Something went badly wrong at the end of that flight. Looking at the cell voltages shows a clear logging error:

Those cell 2 and cell 3 voltage excursions are unphysical, and likely represent a problem with the FC. I would not be surprised if the FC crashed immediately after that. If that happened then applying a simple drag model, taking into account the aircraft motion and the estimated wind speed (12 mph, 111°) gives the following trajectory:

Plotting that in Google Earth shows the estimated descent track:

Probably worth a look where the green track intersects the trees, which will be higher than the ground level - depending on the height of the trees.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers