Fly away lost drone

Applying Murphy’s rule of optimism suggests it’s orobabky dead centre in the dam after the green line, or the deepest section...

@sar104,
Wow the graphs look way different then text on the log!

Rod

How tall are those trees, your were 185' close to where it went missing, it went missing at 195' shows at full ahead. Had you lost sight it near 2 mins to 2 mins 30 secs?

@Fly Dawg, @sar104, or few others well give you some more information.

If you got time, maybe upload another log from earlier, specially if you flew in the same place and or flew over the same PM's (Phantom Magnets)

Good luck, been there.....

Rod
There really tall, I watched untill I heard it crash ,I flew site but not exact spot or path,I believe it's in a tree

Reactions: RodPad
I was using the browser screen from @msinger viewer, I have seen many reds in the past on battery cell deviation...
Graphics are a picture! :D

Rod

There really tall, I watched untill I heard it crash ,I flew site but not exact spot or path,I believe it's in a tree

Right - but not 200 ft tall, presumably, with was the height of the aircraft before it crashed. Anyway - it's pretty clear where it is - just not how to retrieve it.

Going to look tomorrow,we searched this area canopy is thick might be stuck in tree, app helped huge,flight record helped,going to try before huge rain comes in evening.wish me luck
Yip wished you luck and man you got nice property :)

Where did you do your compass dance? Any chance you managed to get a bad calibration due to the environment (iron/steel in proximity).

Once you get a good compass calibration it’s probably best to keep it unless the app asks you to re-calibrate.
Tried to calibrate compass standing a cement pad. Must have been filled with rebar. Would not calibrate.

Tried to calibrate compass standing a cement pad. Must have been filled with rebar. Would not calibrate.

There is no evidence at all that this had anything to do with the compass - there were no apparent heading discrepancies during the flight:

searched glassed/binoculared every tree,can not find.started raining gave up drove home 2 hr drive. was fun, no idea why it did what it did,cant believe I cant find, im out of hobby it was fun

searched glassed/binoculared every tree,can not find.started raining gave up drove home 2 hr drive. was fun, no idea why it did what it did,cant believe I cant find, im out of hobby it was fun
Oh not want to hear that,,,stick at my friend I'm sure you will find it,don't give up yet,,if I could I give you my p3s but only phantom I have left that work then I have no life either (hobbie) ,mayby a bit of wind will help bring it down,some drones have worked after bit of rain so fingers arms and legs crossed that you will find it,,stick at it ;),,,,ps,,need one of those tree shaking machines

Reactions: mangycat

Since you still have the r/c, chargers, etc from the lost bird, you may want to consider getting a refurb P3 from DJI or one of their approved vendors. They come with a full warranty also, so you should be back in the air quickly.

Just a suggestion. Good luck[emoji106]

Since you still have the r/c, chargers, etc from the lost bird, you may want to consider getting a refurb P3 from DJI or one of their approved vendors. They come with a full warranty also, so you should be back in the air quickly.

Just a suggestion. Good luck[emoji106]
Then use it to look at those treetops from above.

Been There, Done That!

When I lost mine it took me quite a while, a long time. I finally decided I really like this hobby and got another one. I use a tracker now.

If it is fun, then don't be done!

index.jpg

Rod

Going to look tomorrow,we searched this area canopy is thick might be stuck in tree, app helped huge,flight record helped,going to try before huge rain comes in evening.wish me luck
I know losing a drone sucks big time. I thought I lost mine in a river doing some practice flights around a bridge. After crashing I searched for like 45 min through a bunch of riverbed marsh. I gave up and started heading home. I was trying to think of what I would tell and show people and then it dawned on me to look at the video. Thank God I was recording when it crashed. After studying landmarks and 2 hrs of crawling through more riverbed marsh, I found my drone tied up in branches of a low tree. Burned out 3 of the 4 rotors. I realize 1 tree looks like all the trees and know your pain. Good luck! BTW, since then, I purchased insurance, and installed lights and a tracking device!

Just happened to me this morning oddly enough, mine was in fields with waist high crops, I searched them for an hour in case I spotted it but didn't.
came home wen through log on DJI go, found its crash co-ordinates and added them to google maps, measured distance in metre's off nearest footpath and went back this afternoon (in halestorm) and found it
Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 15.27.19.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4