Fly Away for no reason ?

If you've watched as much Phantom youtube as I have, you would know that Phantoms have lifted off in the past without the controller on. I'm talking about the earilier Phantoms. I do believe DJI fixed that problem, but nonetheless, the point is, there is a risk there of your Phantom flying off to an unattended place, whether it be while it is on the ground or in the air.

I have no experience with 'earlier phantoms,' so cannot comment on them. I CAN comment on p2v3+ for the last year and a half fw at least.... I feel very comfortable and often turn on my p2v3+ on my workbench with RC turned off since it simply shows front lites flashing yellow, meaning no GPS, and no rear red lites, meaning it ain't going anywhere.

I'm trying to follow you but I just can't quite do it. I'm not arguing that 0,0 is not Africa. I am saying I am not convinced that the initial home point on start up is Africa.

Please until you do something to PROVE your disbelief, do not argue the point. It is very simple to log the gps home point from power up thru end of flight. Please do so before continuing to suggest untruths. I am not making any money or have any other reason than to suggest the facts.

If the home point is Africa, then it would be impossible or lunacy to fly in ATTI with five or less satellites for obvious reasons. Furthermore, on the Litchi app, I've never seen the google maps display showing me an "H" in the Congo. [\quote]

Of course Lichi will not show you 300 miles off the east coast of Central Africa at startup! They are not dumb! They see gps home as 0,0 so ignore it - until a valid gps is shown! How do you think I could make this stuff up?? I suspect if you REALLY want the truth, you can turn lichi log recording on BEFORE home point is set, then simply check your log and confirm it is 0,0.

The home point does not reset itself unless you have dynamic home point enabled. I don't believe there is a risk of a "cpu glitch" that resets the home point.

Glad you believe that. Of course there is no such thing as a software glitch! You go![/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously you are not going to enable dynamic home point unless you have a good reason for doing so. And the good reason is because you want to take a walk with your Phantom. Otherwise it would be silly.

Max limits = the 500 meter radius that the DJI app allows you to fly in

I've never heard of this and I'm having trouble understanding why DJI would set a home point in flight, unless it sets the home point where it senses the monitor to be located. But let's say you're correct, and the craft sets its home point in flight, and it sets it at the GPS location of the monitor - which makes a lot more sense than setting it at the location of the craft. The problem with this is, if you get a bad GPS fix on your monitor, which is much more likely than getting a bad fix on your craft, it could sense that your monitor is located "14 miles away" as DBSMods explains in the video. And then, your Phanton WILL FLY AWAY.

what monitor are you talking about???

Go back and re reread old post about early P2 plus with crappy antenna,, many could not get lock until well in the sky...

I give up

You have not a clue about what you speak . I tried hard to not say that.
But you clearly have no real experience and no idea..real world anyhow.
your video is just that, a video!

I am talking 1 year and 500+ flights on 4 different phantoms all of which still fly
I do what you say can not be done weekly

take care and have fun flying !

FWIW yorlik is a year plus flier with multiple phantoms just for reference

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj