Fly away after upgrading firmware

As fare as the firmware being blamed, I'm only quoting DJI tech support who stated that their firmware has in fact been the cause of the fly aways as of late. ...
Also to have the tech of the company confirm my suspicion is pretty convincing don't you think?
Not at all ... DJI people are the second most unreliable source of accurate information after online forums.
We've heard all kinds of nonsense coming from DJI people.
DJI make great machines but their phone help people are a lucky dip.
Sometimes you get good advice but often they will tell you anything at all.

If a firmware update caused crazy things with your drone, every user updating would be reporting similar issues and that isn't happening.

Also after calibrating my compass before flying it stated that the compass was successful calibrated. Once in the air for about 30 sec. it asked to calibrate my compass once more, which as soon as I attempted to manually land it it would not follow any of the stick commands.
Yes ... it's sometimes possible to "successfully" calibrate in an area of magnetic influence and the results would be as you describe.
Here's an example of a calibrate-every-flight flyer that "successfully" calibrated right on top of a lot of steel:
There have been lots of reports of this kind of thing happening.

Reactions: Oso
Not at all ... DJI people are the second most unreliable source of accurate information after online forums.
We've heard all kinds of nonsense coming from DJI people.
DJI make great machines but their phone help people are a lucky dip.
Sometimes you get good advice but often they will tell you anything at all.

If a firmware update caused crazy things with your drone, every user updating would be reporting similar issues and that isn't happening.

So I guess my question would be if I did everything right what would have cause the behaviors that it exhibited. I've done everything it asked of me and my normal pre-flight checks and routine?

So I guess my question would be if I did everything right what would have cause the behaviors that it exhibited. I've done everything it asked of me and my normal pre-flight checks and routine?
Whenever you think your drone is telling you to recalibrate the compass .... try simply moving the drone and see if that message goes away.
It almost always will.
The compass doesn't lose it's calibration - the cause of the message is almost always that you are close to a magnetic distortion.

FYI - Since this is a Phantom Pro/Adv forum, I went over to the Mavic forum and read through their 7 page long new FW thread. Many positive posts noting no issues, though there were a couple of download glitches and at least one possible FW issue. The overall tone of the thread was very positive wrt the new firmware. That was my take anyway.

Yes ... it's sometimes possible to "successfully" calibrate in an area of magnetic influence and the results would be as you describe.
Here's an example of a calibrate-every-flight flyer that "successfully" calibrated right on top of a lot of steel:
There have been lots of reports of this kind of thing happening.
This video never gets old. As I was reading these posts about a Mavic, I was thinking about this very video.

Reactions: Meta4
I've been issued a full refund for my drone as DJI admits the firmware was the cause of my fly away. Just wanted to up date everyone. A long process but no money out of my pocket.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing