Flir DUO with Pantom 3 pro

Reaction score
Hi, i've been talking to FLIR DUO, well their call center and I'm having no luck, they just keep sending me you tube videos made by random people, but these don't answer my question.. I have a client that wants to know if the Go Pro 3/4 hero Gimbal will fit onto the phantom 3 pro so he can then mount the FLIR DUO thermal camera for nite time surveillance.

Any help is well appreciated thx

Reactions: BigAl07
We researched this last month and found that the Flir Duo is compatible with the DJI H3-3D Gimbal.

The H3-3D allows for the side connection, whereas the other (later model) gimbals have the connector setup for the back of the GoPro and will get in the way of the Flir Duo (which does not have a rear connection)

We do not sell the gimbal but you can get it through the DJI site here:
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

We do have the FLIR Duo and Duo R in stock and reference the link for the DJI gimbal on our product pages:
http://www.OEMCameras.com/duo

Here's a comparison of the FLIR Duo to a Hero 4:
IMG_3716.JPG IMG_3715.JPG IMG_3717.JPG

We researched this last month and found that the Flir Duo is compatible with the DJI H3-3D Gimbal.

The H3-3D allows for the side connection, whereas the other (later model) gimbals have the connector setup for the back of the GoPro and will get in the way of the Flir Duo (which does not have a rear connection)

We do not sell the gimbal but you can get it through the DJI site here:
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

We do have the FLIR Duo and Duo R in stock and reference the link for the DJI gimbal on our product pages:
http://www.OEMCameras.com/duo

Here's a comparison of the FLIR Duo to a Hero 4:
View attachment 75193 View attachment 75194 View attachment 75195

How does it compare weight wise? I'd like to see how the gimbal handles it IF it weighs more than the Hero 4.

So are you planning to make FLIR Duo kits that end users can buy and install on existing P3P? What about making ready to go P3P-FLIR kits?

Hi, i've been talking to FLIR DUO, well their call center and I'm having no luck, they just keep sending me you tube videos made by random people, but these don't answer my question.. I have a client that wants to know if the Go Pro 3/4 hero Gimbal will fit onto the phantom 3 pro so he can then mount the FLIR DUO thermal camera for nite time surveillance.

Any help is well appreciated thx
Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Thanks for the Welcome!

I just weighed both cameras.

The GoPro 4 is 81 g
The FLIR Duo 63.4 g
Within FLIR's specs, they state that the Duo is: 84 g

That said, the FLIR Duo does not have a battery. Power will need to come from another source, either a battery or off the Phantom.

While we do custom work for many of our customers, we are not planning to build kits for the FLIR Duo & Gimbal at this time.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the Welcome!

I just weighed both cameras.

The GoPro 4 is 81 g
The FLIR Duo 63.4 g
Within FLIR's specs, they state that the Duo is: 84 g

That said, the FLIR Duo does not have a battery. Power will need to come from another source, either a battery or off the Phantom.

While we do custom work for many of our customers, we are not planning to build kits for the FLIR Duo & Gimbal at this time.

Thank you very much. Should you decide otherwise please post back here. LOTS of interest and I'd be glad to share your information on our national SAR group.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20