FLIR Duo (thermal imaging) camera for your Phantom - REVIEW

Thanks for the review. It was very well done. What I would like to see is the ability to use the R series Flirs on a drone. I have one and it is very good. I know the weight and size would be an issue. It has a video out that could be used. The Duo is not that good , or has limited use as you pointed out. I know, the rapid advances will contentious to improve them.

Thanks for the review. It was very well done. What I would like to see is the ability to use the R series Flirs on a drone. I have one and it is very good. I know the weight and size would be an issue. It has a video out that could be used. The Duo is not that good , or has limited use as you pointed out. I know, the rapid advances will contentious to improve them.
Yes, I will look forward to the next generation that will hopefully have at least 3x the sensor size... THEN they will have something!

Reactions: gppms
That was a really good review. You saved me some money by doing it. Thanks

A bit of an update...

So far no response from FLIR on my trouble ticket about:
  • correcting the visible and thermal image overlays
  • No explanation on the knock off SD card that came with it (labeled as 32GB, but was only 8GB - and gave my computer fits, thought I had a virus!)

A bit of an update...

So far no response from FLIR on my trouble ticket about:
  • correcting the visible and thermal image overlays
  • No explanation on the knock off SD card that came with it (labeled as 32GB, but was only 8GB - and gave my computer fits, thought I had a virus!)
Question- If I were to purchase a phantom 2 with a zenmuse gimbal and already has downlink and monitor for FPV, can I just plug in the Flir Duo R and be good to go? Also is this camera sufficent for building/roof inspections?

Reactions: AnchorageAk
Question- If I were to purchase a phantom 2 with a zenmuse gimbal and already has downlink and monitor for FPV, can I just plug in the Flir Duo R and be good to go? Also is this camera sufficent for building/roof inspections?

Or on the P4P? Maybe Catus will get back to us. You would think that Flir would have some information on this. Since they are made for drones, and the Phantoms are the most popular ones out there, for the most part.

Reactions: Phantom302

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav