Flight Record

Reaction score
How exactly does the flight record work? I like the idea that this is available to look at after and review your flights but some of my first flights did not get recorded. One of these flights I lost the signal after losing the line of sight and it fortunately returned on its own. I would have loved to see the flight record from that one but it is missing. How do the flight record records get recorded? I assume it's automatic as I just discovered this feature and most of my flights were there. But not all. Any insight into this feature would be helpful. I would hate to lose more flight records. They're cool, allowing you to revisit your flights.

Hmm mine records pretty consistently. Sometimes I notice it seems to merge some where I have momentarily landed. Are you looking in the DJI app?

It basically works this way. They are all there after flying and when you do the synchronization they are uploaded for safekeeping. Hence if you reinstall the app, or get a different mobile device, run the synchronization and all the flights will be listed. That's how it works when it works. And it always did for me until two days ago. Uploads started taking 30 minutes instead of less than a minute and now after a reinstall and thirty minutes of sync it only displays 14 of my 350+ flights.

It basically works this way. They are all there after flying and when you do the synchronization they are uploaded for safekeeping. Hence if you reinstall the app, or get a different mobile device, run the synchronization and all the flights will be listed. That's how it works when it works. And it always did for me until two days ago. Uploads started taking 30 minutes instead of less than a minute and now after a reinstall and thirty minutes of sync it only displays 14 of my 350+ flights.

Now that is alarming. I'm beginning to appreciate those flight logs. And you have a lot to lose. Maybe it's just a buggy app but I would think that once it makes it to the "cloud" they should be secure?

Well, here is the extent of my chat regarding the issue with DJI help chat. Mentioned only 14 of my 350+ flights showing up in spite of my backing up on the cloud religiously. Also mentioned taking 30 minutes to back up a single flight over the last two days whereas before it took seconds. Answer was too much parameters to be able to help me. I ask, where are my records? Lost was the answer. Why back up I ask. No answer. Wow, great help eh! That's DJI for you. Now I'm hoping that the server is down and it's just typical DJI behavior regarding the matter. But yeah, I'm annoyed. From what it seems if ain't Dropbox or Google drive. Never mind my flight level not budging after 50 flights over 8 kilometers each.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik