flight record log questions

D

DrewFlies

So I saw an option on my DJI pilot app about flight record data.

Is there a turn on / turn off feature?

Or does it automatically log every flight?

It logs everything automatically.

Does anyone know if you can delete records to get rid of those non-flight records? The ones where you just had the P3 turned on to work through the app options.

It logs everything automatically.

Does anyone know if you can delete records to get rid of those non-flight records? The ones where you just had the P3 turned on to work through the app options.

I'd also like to know if one can delete some of these logs. Better still, can one export them as a backup, and then delete them?

I am able to export the logs to my PC and then delete them with SyncIOS. Fortunately I tried with only two small and old logs, because the Pilot App's stats don't include the deleted logs in its overall stats, such as number of flights, total time etc. It must add them up on the fly.

Good to know that one can export them at least.

When my tablet hang up while flying, the log not remained. I flew over 10 minutes without seeing FPV and after landed I noticed it. Result - birds can fly without Pilot app, flight log is recorded by Pilot app (I believe inside the bird there's another flight recorder, but seems not to be synchronized to app's afterwards).

When my tablet hang up while flying, the log not remained. I flew over 10 minutes without seeing FPV and after landed I noticed it. Result - birds can fly without Pilot app, flight log is recorded by Pilot app (I believe inside the bird there's another flight recorder, but seems not to be synchronized to app's afterwards).

There's an internal SD card - epoxied inside so it's not removable and not user serviceable/accessible.
In theory, you should be able to fly your Phantom "blind" i.e., without the Pilot app. You should get familiar with the lighting array on the outside of the Phantom. They're not just pretty lights - the patterns of the lights, colors, slow flash, fast flash, etc., have meaning.

When the green light flashes slowly, that's the "safe to fly" indicator - (P mode with GPS and Vision Positioning - if turned on)
When the green light flashes twice - BLINK BLINK PAUSE then repeats - that's the "safe to fly" without GPS but with Vision Positioning - again, that's *if* VPS is turned on.
When it's a yellow light flashing slowly, that means it's safe to fly and you'll be in A-mode but no GPS and Vision Positioning. (That's the way the manual words it - don't know if that means with or without VPS activated. I've been flying for a long time with my Vision Position (VPS) turned off.

So, based on the above color scheme - you can fly, whether you have the Pilot app running or not. *And* you can take pictures/videos. You just can't see what the camera is looking at, cannot adjust the camera, etc. But if you keep it close to you, fly visually and carefully, you can still use it. Fly up close and adjust the gimbal where you want it - both wheels will still work and both shutter buttons (the ones on the remote controller) will still work.

It's basically the same as if you're flying and the pilot app dies and you have to fly it back home by yourself. Saying that, I've yet to use the RTH.

It would be nice if I could turn this feature off, especially when photographing in areas that are "sensitive" in nature. This may be an issue I run into later on in the future when working with government clients.

It would be nice if I could turn this feature off, especially when photographing in areas that are "sensitive" in nature. This may be an issue I run into later on in the future when working with government clients.
Why would you care? If you are working with a government client in a sensitive area, it would be logical to assume that the powers that be already know you are in their space. Unless you are engaged is some type of spying activity (a really bad idea on soooo many levels!), the people who would care have already ok'd your flying.

Why would you care? If you are working with a government client in a sensitive area, it would be logical to assume that the powers that be already know you are in their space. Unless you are engaged is some type of spying activity (a really bad idea on soooo many levels!), the people who would care have already ok'd your flying.

This is the example that comes to mind. I am hired to take progress photos of a government construction project where the photos are sensitive in nature. Because each photo I take is automatically uploaded to the DJI server, their distribution is no longer controlled.

This is the example that comes to mind. I am hired to take progress photos of a government construction project where the photos are sensitive in nature. Because each photo I take is automatically uploaded to the DJI server, their distribution is no longer controlled.
BUT ... You have your tinfoil hat on backwards ... each photo you take IS NOT uploaded to DJI.
And the flight data in the internal card won't make much difference either.
It's there to help you if you ever have a warranty claim.
It only holds a few flights and gets overwritten when you fly more.
How many of these super-secret paying jobs do you imagine you will be getting?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers