"Flickering" on the clips

Reaction score
Hello Phantom Pros!

Im new in the "dronning" scene, so much to learn....

I detected some horizontal stripes during some movies. Can you guys help me to discover/avoid what is this?

Maybe propeller shadow?

starts on 3''

Thank You!

I detected some horizontal stripes during some movies. Can you guys help me to discover/avoid what is this?
Maybe propeller shadow?
Good guess .. that's exactly what it is.
The sun is shining through the spinning props and the shadows are falling across the lens.

Reactions: With The Birds
Meta beat me to it by milliseconds so I will elaborate- the hard light hitting the filter and entering the lens filter is creating glare which is intermittently relieved by the props. You can get some improvement by fitting a lens hood.

Hello Phantom Pros!

Im new in the "dronning" scene, so much to learn....

Maybe propeller shadow?

starts on 3''

Thank You!

The others have mention prop shadow you may like to try lowering the camera a little, or an ND FILTER it may also be the auto light balance adjusting for the brightness. The effect is similar

The others have mention prop shadow you may like to try lowering the camera a little, or an ND FILTER it may also be the auto light balance adjusting for the brightness. The effect is similar
Nd filter will have no effect. This is not an auto brightness adjustment effect, if only the metering could act fast enough to correct the problem- that would be fantastic.

This is caused by sunlight blasting through your props and conflicting with your camera shutter speed. Your props have a certain RPM and your image sensor is scanning at so many hundreth's of a second. The two numbers "oscillate" against each other to cause flickering. Slower shutter speeds can blur that out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor