Flew Backwards Into a Tree

Reaction score
Hey All,
I just joined the community ! I've been wanting to do this for quite a while. I live near Wichita KS.
I've been flying my P4P+ since Feb '17, with pretty good results, other than some issues with the tablet requiring re-booting during flight. I REALLY like this Machine !
Here is my issue, and question:
8/11/17 Crashed, Flying backwards while at the Railroad crossing on Sante Fe lake Rd, I hit the trees. Battery popped out, and it bent the vertical post on the Gimbal, but no other visible damage. Put another battery in it, and it boots up and seemed to fly ok. The gimbal boots up with the motion, and it makes correction for attitude when I move the drone around in my hand, but there is no video feed and the screen reads ‘No Signal’. Also, the gimbal pitch knob Does Not Work, and there is No battery information. I removed the belly gimbal support and straightened the Gimbal Post, but couldn’t find any wiring squawks in the belly. I put it back together with two screws for the test. Still No Joy on the ‘No Signal’.
Where can I get a wiring schematic for the P4P ?
What else can I do to troubleshoot ?
Where can I get Parts ?

Thanks,
Chuck

I know this doesn't help your issue, but doesn't the p4p have 4 sides of crash protection? Even when flying backwards should have stopped?

Force

I know this doesn't help your issue, but doesn't the p4p have 4 sides of crash protection? Even when flying backwards should have stopped?

Force
under normal flight it has front and rear sensors but they are not designed to detect small branches

Last edited:
Yes, that's right, those sensors can't see small branches or wires. I keep beating myself up, for making such a rookie mistake !! This incident has caused me a lot of time and grief. I have the skills to fix my drone, but I still need even a rudimentary schematic, and a parts source.

I think the "Achilles's heel" of the gimbal has proven to be the ribbon cable feeding it. I'd start there.

I think the "Achilles's heel" of the gimbal has proven to be the ribbon cable feeding it. I'd start there.
I have inspected that ribbon tape with a big magnifying glass, and can't find any physical damage. The contact points are clean and secure. The gimbal motors are working, because it exercises when it boots up, but no control at the gimbal knob, which indicates an uplink issue there, and a down link issue because no video or ship status display.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4