Flat cable replacement for the Vision gimbal

Reaction score
Hello,

One of my friend crashed his Phantom Vision and one of the flat cable ribbon on the gimbal broke. The damage seem to be limited only to the gimbal.

Can this part be bought and replaced from DJI or any alternate supplier?

Thanks

Maher

Attachments

• ruban connecteur cassé.jpg
    ruban connecteur cassé.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 687
The photo in your original post was of the Vision Plus Gimbal which is why the subsequent posts showed replacements for it. It's a flat ribbon cable which as far as DJI is concerned is not a user-replaceable part.

The Phantom Vision has a quite different cable - a three-wire R/C servo cable - that is very cheap and easy to replace. Is that what your friend broke?

zenoshrdlu said:
The photo in your original post was of the Vision Plus Gimbal which is why the subsequent posts showed replacements for it. It's a flat ribbon cable which as far as DJI is concerned is not a user-replaceable part.

The Phantom Vision has a quite different cable - a three-wire R/C servo cable - that is very cheap and easy to replace. Is that what your friend broke?

The picture was taken from my friend of his broken gimbal, so it's must be a Phantom Vision Plus. The reseller of his Phantom told him that they're nothing he can do and that he should buy a whole new gimbal/camera apparatus...

I guess that this very overpriced flat cable is probably less expensive!

Thanks,

Maher

I Had the same problem, i was fiddling with the drone and i tore the ribbon cable in the same spot as the picture above.

I bit the bullet and spent the 85$ plus 60$ for shipping. I know its crazy but it was that or buy a new gimbal and camera. \\

anyway long story short. I replaced the cable myself, it was quite easy tbh as you dont need to open everything up just the top plate of the gimbal where the drone wires connect and the back plate of the camera.

im happy to say the fix worked and my drone is back to its old self.

If anyone is trying this and needs some help let me know.

ALI

Is there really any reason for this cable to cost that much? Or is it just another way for someone to screw + owners?
They must make it with gold wires!

cmyk22 said:
Your (we are all, really) in luck. DDM now carries the offical DJI replacement ribbon cable. Bought a set yesterday...

http://www.davesmotors.com/DJI-Special-Order-Part-Ribbon-Cable.html

WTF? Link is bad... DDM page for the cable is down/no longer available!

I have a gimbal with a broken cable sitting in a box waiting for a ribbon cable. Bought a full replacement two months ago, but all I need is the cable for my old gimbal and I can sell it/get some of my $679 back. I don't really want an $85 aftermarket cable.

DrJoe said:
.....Link is bad... DDM page for the cable is down/no longer available!

I have a gimbal with a broken cable sitting in a box waiting for a ribbon cable. Bought a full replacement two months ago, but all I need is the cable for my old gimbal and I can sell it/get some of my $679 back. I don't really want an $85 aftermarket cable.
Maybe DJI told them NOT to sell that item so they can sell the entire device and make mega bucks!

European users will be happy - at electronicarc.com you can get a set of two Gimbal Ribbon Cable for € 45 plus shipping (normal letter € 8 or other shipment methods). Just found the shop and bought the set. Expecting within 2-5 business days.

WTF? Link is bad... DDM page for the cable is down/no longer available!

The link worked for me. I ordered a pair of them for $59 plus $3 shipping.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl