Fixing usb ribbon on motherboard p3a

Reaction score
Whilst trying to fix the aerial on my Phantom 3 Advance the connector on the motherboard, which connects the USB module to the motherboard, broke.

I can still see the pins from the chip and been looking at how I can re-attach. Not managed to find the original, seems to have lost it and unable to find another online.

Has anyone fixed this before?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 21.58.38.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 21.58.38.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 300
Whilst trying to fix the aerial on my Phantom 3 Advance the connector on the motherboard, which connects the USB module to the motherboard, broke.

I can still see the pins from the chip and been looking at how I can re-attach. Not managed to find the original, seems to have lost it and unable to find another online.

Has anyone fixed this before?
The connectors are the major issue when conducting any repairs on these drones. If you go to ifixit they have a great article on the various connectors and how to disconnect them without butchering anything, it’s a great resource.

As to your current problem even if you find the connector it’s unlikely to be a repair you can perform. Search the classifieds for a mainboard or donor AC.

The connectors are the major issue when conducting any repairs on these drones. If you go to ifixit they have a great article on the various connectors and how to disconnect them without butchering anything, it’s a great resource.

As to your current problem even if you find the connector it’s unlikely to be a repair you can perform. Search the classifieds for a mainboard or donor AC.

Okay, I have had a look to see if i can find any but so far for the P3A no luck.

I was thinking, whilst looking at the image, that the pins I could just lift a little bit, and then but the ribbon under them, and then hot clue it in position?

Attachments

• IMG_4525.JPG
    IMG_4525.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_4527.JPG
    IMG_4527.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 247

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members