fix before brothers wedding!!!

Reaction score
I dropped the RC and the silver switch at the top left has broken off and I am unable to use it. Without the switch I am unable to switch it from course lock and would then have to turn the IOC off in order to fly it.
The RC also started beeping after being on for a few minutes I don't know if that means something was knocked loose.
Any suggestions other than sending it in?

first off where are you and when is the wedding. Worse case - buy a new RC ~$100

I'm in VA USA
RC as in the remote controller, or a c cheap drone?
I was under the impression the controller and the fc40 needed to be synced up.
wedding is June 13

this e would be a question for a new thread, but is there a way to watch the live feed if you f don't have an apple or Android device? Just have windows.
and actually I've borrowed am iPad before, but it loses connection everytime I f fly. Will some devices work better than others?

Last edited:
I'm in VA USA
RC as in the remote controller, or a c cheap drone?
I was under the impression the controller and the fc40 needed to be synced up.
wedding is June 13
Where in Virginia? I'm in Norfolk. I have the controller from my old Phantom 2 Vision Plus (non-scroll wheel version) that I would be willing to let you use (if it's compatible with your Phantom).

Where in Virginia? I'm in Norfolk. I have the controller from my old Phantom 2 Vision Plus (non-scroll wheel version) that I would be willing to let you use (if it's compatible with your Phantom).
that would be awesome man. I'm in Vienna VA, northern VA. Is it compatible with phantom fc40?

i bought this replacement RC a few months back when i broke mine. its a good upgrade to the stock control.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q9BDBSC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

or if you're handy with a soldering iron ,its an easy fix
http://phantomdrone.net/broken-switch-on-phantom-2-transmitter/

wayne
thanks I really appreciate the help. Do I need to sync it somehow with the drone?
another thing, the remote will after awhile start beeping at a slow beat. New batteries and all. Could it be shot from the impact?

thanks I really appreciate the help. Do I need to sync it somehow with the drone?
another thing, the remote will after awhile start beeping at a slow beat. New batteries and all. Could it be shot from the impact?

The rc will beep after a while if the Phantom is not powered up to remind you to turn it off. Yes you will need to sync the rc to the quad,inside the battery compartment there's a blinking light and a button. I believe you power the rc then the quad then push and hold the button.

also, it seems as though people with an fc40 had trouble with this 5.8ghz remote

I broke mine while trying to add a tilt knob to the rc for a gimbal. I heated the board up too much and now it no workie. I bought a replacement for $99.00 . And it has the tilt wheel built in,as well as a rechargeable battery.
The DJI remotes are very good ,I'm using it with my F550 now.

I broke mine while trying to add a tilt knob to the rc for a gimbal. I heated the board up too much and now it no workie. I bought a replacement for $99.00 . And it has the tilt wheel built in,as well as a rechargeable battery.
The DJI remotes are very good ,I'm using it with my F550 now.
the replacement you got is from DJI? If not, exactly what type is it? Because I don't want to order a remote that isn't going to work properly. Some people couldn't connect 5.8ghz RC to the drone

wait where in Norfolk? That's where I'll be for the wedding
If you are going to be in Norfolk for the wedding, I'm more than willing to meet up with you and let you use my controller. No problem.

Can anyone confirm that a Phantom 2 Vision Plus controller (without the scroll wheel) will work for the Phantom FC40?

o_O
the replacement you got is from DJI? If not, exactly what type is it? Because I don't want to order a remote that isn't going to work properly. Some people couldn't connect 5.8ghz RC to the drone
It is a DJI rc,made for the Vision . It is 5.8 ghz just like the FC40 .
When I was looking for a new rc controller I found this one, it said "only for Vision plus " I called DJI and asked...the person on the phone said ,no it is only for the Vision. It wouldn't work with the Fc40 because it didn't have a gimbal...I hung up on her and ordered it from Amazon ,if it didn't work it would go back. DJI should train their people better ,they would get more sales that way. The rc works perfectly with the Phantom FC40 and my Walkera gimbal
The Phantom 1 and 2 are 2.4 ghz . The FC40 and Vision And Phantom 2 Vision plus are 5.8
Wayne

Last edited:
Reactions: IflyinWY
If you are going to be in Norfolk for the wedding, I'm more than willing to meet up with you and let you use my controller. No problem.

Can anyone confirm that a Phantom 2 Vision Plus controller (without the scroll wheel) will work for the Phantom FC40?
Yes it will work, as long as it's the Vision series. the normal Phantom 2 is 2.4 ghz and not compatible .

trying to decide if it's worth buying a whole new RC because of this tiny broken part. How difficult of a repair would it be?
If I got a gimbal - any recommendations? - the tilt wheel would be essential to tilting the camera?

For lack of basic soldering knowledge, you will spend $100 before you replace a $4.39 switch?
Link: Digikey.com

Reactions: IflyinWY

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers