Fishing Hook and line deployer

Reaction score
Looking for advice on building a simple hook underneath my old p3 to deploy a hook line and sinker. I know ther is an accesorary for this but it's very expensive . I was hoping some have used a simple wire hook bent at an angle that when stopped the loop will just fall off. Or a turn and reverse.
Has anyone tried this or had experience

Hoping to have fish for dinner

Theres a really long thread on it in OT but when I searched I couldn't find it but if you will do a search on fishing line drops you will see over 10 pages of threads on how members have done it .

Looking for advice on building a simple hook underneath my old p3 to deploy a hook line and sinker. I know ther is an accesorary for this but it's very expensive . I was hoping some have used a simple wire hook bent at an angle that when stopped the loop will just fall off. Or a turn and reverse.

You can purchase a fly fly airdrop that works great

Heap of ideas
Screenshot_20190321-213517.jpg
:)

I have made a simple hook underneath my P3s which works very well by turning the opposite way and reverse off. I have an electric line drop but is unreliable due to weak signal.

Try this very cheap project: I use this to fly parachute cord over a sidearm on my 110 foot ham radio tower. I taped a 12 inch wooden dowel to the landing struts on my P4 and allowed the rod to extend forward about five inches. I then tied a large socket as a weight on the end of parachute circuit and made a loop to allow the weighted end to hang about twenty inches below the drone. I then slipped the loop over the extended dowel while the drone was hovering about six feet high. After playing out enough line to clear the tower and reach the ground after the drop. I then flew the drone about 200 feet high then using the camera, carefully flew the line over the standoff and out another 100 feet. To drop the weighted line I just yawed the drone 180 degrees in the direction of the dowel. When reversed the line will be pulled free of the drone by the tension on the line.

Practice a few times in a clear area first.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4