First time

Reaction score
Well it was a first time for me. The bird told me propulsion output limited. Here is the line from phantom helper that shows the warning. It was 1 warning and non after. I quickly made a b-line home and landed.

10m 15.4s P-GPS 18satellites 218.5ft 35.5mph 1,137.0ft 44% 14.238V 3.531V 3.564V 3.578V 3.565V 0.047V Propulsion output is limited to ensure the health of the battery.

Your battery was getting low. In most cases, you want your Phantom to be on the ground when the first battery cell reaches 3.4V.

Those were the lowest voltages recorded. I know I have brought my battery down to 25% before, maybe this time I was just doing too much fast cruising around vs slow flying and hovering.

25% is certainly possible. It's not a great idea in many cases though.

If you upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here, we can comment directly on your specific situation.

My older batteries (14months) get this alarm all the time since I've upgraded to the new firmware. It's been obvious that the older batts don't have much punch and I do notice the voltage level drop lower when flying full throttle than newer batts. I wonder if this is DJI's way to tell people to replace their batts?

My older batteries (14months) get this alarm all the time since I've upgraded to the new firmware. It's been obvious that the older batts don't have much punch and I do notice the voltage level drop lower when flying full throttle than newer batts. I wonder if this is DJI's way to tell people to replace their batts?

I hope that isn't the case seeing that the battery has only 10 cycles on it.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

This message pops up when battery is not capable of supplying the desired current and is limited by the battery SW.

Another quick question. I was flying today and lost signal about a mile out. RTH initiated, once I got signal back I took control over again and kept flying around heading back to my location. I went to look at the healthy drone log, but it stopped recording at the signal loss. It shows the flight was over.

Check if you have another flight log. A new log is started after the remote controller signal is broken.

It's very wise to take all warning messages serious. Some messages you should land the aircraft right away, where any others you should instantly fly to home point.

I would say most situations you read where someone has actually crashed, were also those that ignored a warning message altogether. If you do not know what the terminology in a message means, then positively set the aircraft down and investigate what you saw on the monitor later after you pick up the aircraft. Pilots do not need to be scared to fly. But they do need to be very concerned when they see a message appear that they don't normally see.

This is a fun hobby until someone begins to take it for granted.

Another quick question. I was flying today and lost signal about a mile out. RTH initiated, once I got signal back I took control over again and kept flying around heading back to my location. I went to look at the healthy drone log, but it stopped recording at the signal loss. It shows the flight was over.

Were you flying with a app other then the GO app? And also how long was the signal lost before the aircraft regained signal? Btw, next this happens to, 1st make sure the flat side of each antenna is pointing directly at the aircraft, and then increase the aircraft's altitude by 50-75ft and see if the signal restores.

I've only every had "Propulsion output is limited to ensure the health of the battery" once and that was on around my 10th flight. I had taken the AC up and down, practicing T/O and landings and getting all bold and smug in between, y'know, the old full throttling and swinging it around etc. thinking "Hey... I'm f@#king great at this" like a total ****, with the AC all of a 100 metres away, when suddenly it came up..... in the panic fortunately I now believe, I let go of the sticks and it hovered. Then, as I was now close to totally kackking myself, thinking it was going to fall out of the sky, I took a deep breath and really slowly brought the AC back and landed with the now "Low Battery" warning bleeping away too. Yep, I gave up flying for that day!!!
And this was when I read-up on A "How not to be a complete and utter twat" and B. "Treating batteries with care and consideration". BIG lesson learned that day.

as I was now close to totally kackking myself, thinking it was going to fall out of the sky
Any type of full throttle movement will cause the battery voltage to temporarily dip lower -- potentially reaching the range that triggers that message. You should be able to prevent it from popping up if you make a mental note to only gradually move the sticks when the battery is getting low.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.