First time flying over the Beach (water)

D

DrewFlies

Well I'm on my way to fly my Phantom 3 Pro over the beach. I can't describe how extremely nervous I'am as many people have had problems with flying their Phantom 3 over water. Wish me luck and any last minute advice will be greatly appreciated. I have over 50 flights now so I'm pretty confident. Calibrated everything. Checked batteries life. You name it, I probably did it.

Reaction score
Why nervous? The only difference is the sound if it fall down...splash in the water, crash on the ground...

Reaction score
Calm it down. Just fly it as u would anywhere else. It could be worse, it could be a 10K machine

Reaction score
Yup, just fly as you would anywhere…if its gonna fall out of the sky, it doesn't matter if its over land or water, at least if your over water you wont see the destruction LOL….seriously, just fly normal, i fly over the beach for sunsets down in florida all the time…still get a little nervous myself but thats the risk we take flying to capture great photos…heres a shot I took a few weeks ago, still practicing with
DJI_0059sunset 1.jpg

Reaction score
Do you need to turn off the bottom sensor to fly close over water? I've read that water throws off the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Do you need to turn off the bottom sensor to fly close over water? I've read that water throws off the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes if you are going to fly close to water (ie. 10M), otherwise not.

D

DrewFlies

It was very, very windy today and had me a little nervous. In my opinion the Phantom handled just fine. It was drifting off a bit even with GPS lock. But, for the most part it was stable.

Meta4

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Well I'm on my way to fly my Phantom 3 Pro over the beach. I can't describe how extremely nervous I am as many people have had problems with flying their Phantom 3 over water.
Nowhere near as many as have had problems in their backyard or anywhere that you get trees and buildings.
No obstructions at all over water makes for easy, safe flying.

Reaction score
Yes if you are going to fly close to water (ie. 10M), otherwise not.
Not true....if you have gps lock the vps system is not in use....and being outdoors chances are most likely that you will have SAT lock

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Machazareel