First test flight

Reaction score
Took the p3a for a gentle spin this morning. Took it only around 10-15 metres away from us, we took some stills but didnt take a video as it was very sunny and couldn't see the screen very well.

Very happy with the stability and usability of the drone.

I use an ipad mini 2 cellular and I have to say it was a bit laggy...

Definitely need a sun visor for the ipad too.

I am in Dubai (40 degrees heat) and the ipad overheated... this meant the app closed down. However I still had complete control of the drone (i assume everything worked as normal inc GPS, just i couldnt see the camera in the app etc).

Couple of observations - when pulling down on the left stick, there is a split second of nervousness as it sounds like the motors stop for like a nano second (just different to the pv2+ i used to own i guess).

One thing i would like to know - on the pv2+ you could see how many satellites the drone was connected to... with the p3a is there anyway of seeing this too, and, how many sats does it have to pick up in order to be "safe to fly gps" - is it 8 again?

Definitely need a sun visor for the ipad too.

Couple of observations - when pulling down on the left stick, there is a split second of nervousness as it sounds like the motors stop for like a nano second (just different to the pv2+ i used to own i guess).

One thing i would like to know - on the pv2+ you could see how many satellites the drone was connected to... with the p3a is there anyway of seeing this too, and, how many sats does it have to pick up in order to be "safe to fly gps" - is it 8 again?

Yes a visor is needed on all tablets really when really bright out.

I think thats the active braking you hear.

Yes the number of satellites are at the top of the screen and the "safe to fly" is green

Yes a visor is needed on all tablets really when really bright out.

I think thats the active braking you hear.

Yes the number of satellites are at the top of the screen and the "safe to fly" is green

Cheers Robin. Where do i get a visor? Any recommendations?

Well I use it and it does seem to stop a lot of the light.

No reason why not, I have shipped most places in the world though not Dubai, anything unusual in postal system there ?

Well I use it and it does seem to stop a lot of the light.

No reason why not, I have shipped most places in the world though not Dubai, anything unusual in postal system there ?

It is a bit funny, but more importantly i do not currently have a permanent address as staying with friends whilst we buy a house... how much do you want for it? Also, how quickly could it get here?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic