First post, aaand it's a flyaway...

csivet said:
has anyone ever seen any video about flyways of dji s1000, or s800?

Yes to the S800, not for the S1000 (though there may be vids of that I haven't seen yet). I've only seen one or two though, but I don't think "true" flyways are exclusive to the NAZA. I also believe that the disproportionate amount of reported Phantom flyaways are largely due to the amount of Phantoms sold to date vs the other platforms, as well as the higher technical skill level of the average S800/1000 owners vs. the ever-broadening pool of Phantom owners.

Flyaways do also happen in non-Phantom rigs using the NAZA, but also at a seemingly lower rate.

"As a fellow newbie, I'm very sorry this happened to you. Your flying is very "bold" for only a week's experience!"

Agree, only had mine 4 wks now, 2wks spent doing LOS low level stuff, figures of eight, boxes, circles etc, and even now still fly in GPS mode although higher and further with the FPV.

Hope you get it fixed or buy another, they're great fun and I love shooting film.
Best of luck!

q8f1 said:
"As a fellow newbie, I'm very sorry this happened to you. Your flying is very "bold" for only a week's experience!"

Agree, only had mine 4 wks now, 2wks spent doing LOS low level stuff, figures of eight, boxes, circles etc, and even now still fly in GPS mode although higher and further with the FPV.

Hope you get it fixed or buy another, they're great fun and I love shooting film.
Best of luck!

Sound advice indeed. I'd strongly recommend anyone new to the Phantom - and particularly anyone new to RC helicopters - to work through the graduated series of lessons in DJI's "Pilot Training Guide":

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.1_en.pdf

It takes you through all the basic manoeuvres and, most importantly, gets you used to flying in different orientations. I don't mean to be impolite, but honestly, flying the Phantom so it's just a dot in the distance with a week's experience, especially over a built-up area, is just crazy.

If you're in the UK, join the British Model Flying Association. It gives you the vital public liability insurance that you really do need if you're flying in public places.

q8f1 said:

Best of luck!

good on you mate that is the best way to learn congrats keep it up and you will learn a lot
pete

Thx for the comments and training guide, I didn't know about it. Cheers Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl