First Person View advice needed please...

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Phantom 2 Vision quad and I'd like to use a pair of goggles or glasses for a first person view. Obviously I can use a cell phone but I can't see the screen under sunlight. I understand the signal comes from the quad to the RE500 range extender. The RE500 then re-transmits to my cell phone using a 2.4GHz WiFi signal.

My question is how can I receive that signal (from the range extender) onto a pair of goggles?

Do I just need a 2.4GHz video receiver connected to some goggles, or is this a bit more complicated???

Thank you...

You might take a look at fatshark.com. You don't have to buy fatshark, but if you look around on the site, you'll understand how goggles work.

I use Litchi (Android only) and its VR mode with a Google Carboard headset I bougth from Aliexpress.com. Works OK. Uses 640x480 preview, so it can reduce your overall range. OTherwise, I am very happy with it.

How do goggles connect to a P2V+ ?
Sorry for my dumbness but I don't understand how except vi HDMI.
How to connect wireless without using a P2 with GoPro?

Last edited:
If you have Android, buy the Litchi app, it supports stereoscopic viewing. You can then put your phone into a google cardboard headset.

Hello -
If you want a really awesome FPV experience, look at the Epson Moverio BT200 glasses. I have been using them on my P2V for over a year. The only problem is that Epson isn't updating the Android version so you can't use them with a P3. (That's why I haven't sold my P2V yet - I keep hoping they will find a way for the Moverio's to work with my P3P!)

Anyhow, the BT200 "projects" the android screen onto the glasses so you can not only see your android screen (the DJI app) but you can also see the real world around you. It's bright enough that with the included sunshade I can fly my P2V on a sunny day and see the "screen" and still actually see my phantom!

Let me know if you need more information

Tcg
P2V, Epson Moverio BT200
P3P, NVidia Shield, Trackimo GPS locator

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.