First ND filter & D-Log flight and edit.

Reaction score
HI Guys,

I have had my Phantom 4 for a couple of months now and just got the ND filters 8 & 4 from DJI. This is the first flight using both together and recording D-log. Edited quickly on Final Cut. I would love feedback on the exposure, saturation, settings used & smoothness of video etc. I know I won't win awards for content lol. I had settings at iso 100, 24 fps and shutter speed of 1/50. all thoughts welcome and appreciated.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: airwindow
The video does have more of that cinematic look to it. That's good . Which ND filter the 8 or the 4?

Thanks BDOG

I used both at the same time as I didn't have 16. So stacked the 4 and the 8 in 1 mount. This looked good (exposure wise) on the histogram for the most part except some overexposure on concert hall at end.

Thanks

Martin

I liked it but I feel the transitions into the next seen seemed a little harsh. Maybe give them a slight taper at the end and beginning of each scene so it's a little more gentle as when I watched the video it was the thing I focused on more than you flying around. Seemed quite smooth though and add some music for dramatic cinematic effect :)

I liked it but I feel the transitions into the next seen seemed a little harsh. Maybe give them a slight taper at the end and beginning of each scene so it's a little more gentle as when I watched the video it was the thing I focused on more than you flying around. Seemed quite smooth though and add some music for dramatic cinematic effect :)

Hi YoshiK1

Thank you for that. Yeah I agree video is quite jumpy in the transitions. The main purpose of this video was just to try the ND filters and settings but totally agree with your feedback. Thanks. [emoji16]
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi YoshiK1

Thank you for that. Yeah I agree video is quite jumpy in the transitions. The main purpose of this video was just to try the ND filters and settings but totally agree with your feedback. Thanks. [emoji16]
Martin

Sorry I totally never mentioned any of that haha. I can't expand the video so it's only a small window I can see. With that said the exposure looks good to me. A pinch more of saturation and contrast would make it pop a little more but that could be because of the small window I think that. Flying was very smooth and the camera movements were also. Good job :D

Sorry I totally never mentioned any of that haha. I can't expand the video so it's only a small window I can see. With that said the exposure looks good to me. A pinch more of saturation and contrast would make it pop a little more but that could be because of the small window I think that. Flying was very smooth and the camera movements were also. Good job :D

Awesome,

thank you for your comments. Any ideas on how to make viewing window larger. Is it how i am uploading?

Martin

Nice blacks with details, strong mids. God choice for two tonning.

Be carefull with uneven correcting of the sky during the primary color correction.

You have my like ;)

Nice blacks with details, strong mids. God choice for two tonning.

Be carefull with uneven correcting of the sky during the primary color correction.

You have my like ;)

Great feedback. Thank you for taking the time. Yeah I didn't notice the sky until you mentioned. Perfect.

Thanks again

Martin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.