First flight with Dji Go version 3.0 & 1.6.8

Reaction score
So, just had my first flight with the 3.0 Go update, iphone 6s Plus running ios10.0.2 My P3S is on firmware 1.6.8
Up until now I have had no issues with previous updates, I naively just accept updates when the request pops up.
After reading all the posts that dire prognostications would befall me for even contemplating a flight with that firmware/Go combination it was with rapidly beating heart that I set off down the road to my safest flying area.
The sad news, sorry guys is that I have no issues of note to report.
Only went downrange around 830ft, had one loss of signal for trees which cleared once I went a smidge higher. I would have flown further but my fingers were turning blue, its chilly and damp today.
Altitude, I then went up around the same, 830ft or so and again no problems apart from a loss of signal because she was overhead and my antenna was too vertical, quickly fixed.
Flicking between stills and video was instantaneous.

I'm dithering between leaving mine at 1.2.40+ or doing the upgrade. At present I can reach 120 metres height and 100 metres distance without any problem. I intend pushing the boundaries a bit this evening in the New Forest.

My brother didi the upgrade and he reckons his height is only around the 85 metres mark.

Thanks for the info though.

100meter? Hmm..sure there is no Problem with your bird? I did with fw 1.6.8 without mod about 800m in CE Region..height between 130m and 280m...

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

How do I know which firmware I am currently running. Had a scary moment today when it said rc lost. After a couple weak signal messages i started to come back and all of a sudden completely lost rc! Hit return to home and she finally came back.

To find your firmware, first turn everything on, drone, tx, phone/tablet.
In Dji Go select general settings...3 dots at top right of the Go app
Scroll to the bottom of the list and select "about"
There is your info

DJI Ultimate Flight has more detail though. Aircraft Firmware, Battery Firmware & Gimbal Firmware.

@Jay Tea. 100m distance was set as the maximum with height of 120m. Set distance this evening to 200m and still no problem. However my brother's UAV is struggling to get higher than 87m. He did the firmware update, mine is still 1.2.40+ out of the box.

It's got me a bit worried as so many people seem to have problems when upgrading to 1.6.8 and they downgrade back to 1.5.7. My trouble is i can't fall back to the one below 1.6.8 because I didn't upgrade from 1.5.7.....or can I?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl