First flight fly away....P3A crash...

So sorry for your loss, also makes me sick. I am still looking at this...I am not as good as @Luap but I am just using excel and charts. It looks like it went below your takeoff point and backup without motors on, likely maybe it crashed lower and you carried it up back...or crash made it look like it went below ground level. Anyway, I see some disturbance in the MagMod but I don't think enough to cause an issue though I don't have a lot of experience with that. I do see full throttle and elevator (down and full back) followed by a CSC (motor off) event which turned the motors off. At this point it was maybe 50 feet up, did you do this on purpose because it was not responding maybe? Shortly after there is another CSC and the motors came back on briefly. I did not see anything that looked like a collision on the accelerometers but I will look more tomorrow. Below is a graph of the CSC event...View attachment 40277

It did crash lower than where it took off. Can you turn the motors off while in flight (especially in beginners mode)? I do specifically remember seeing the blades stopped before it hit the ground thinking that was odd.

Doing a CSC:
2-Vision-1st.jpg

Will start or stop the motors. At any time. Beginner mode or not. Do a CSC and the drone will drop.

In your first video you can see the very faint line of the top single powerline, and I think you may of touched it.

In any case, as a novice (or even if your someone with 1000 hours of flight experience); you should have been nowhere near those powerlines
+1

Politely suggest to fly in an open area until you get the hang of these things. Good luck

It did crash lower than where it took off. Can you turn the motors off while in flight (especially in beginners mode)? I do specifically remember seeing the blades stopped before it hit the ground thinking that was odd.

Yes sorry, and in the data file the motors definitely shut off after your sticks went in about 50 feet up. I just wasn't sure if it was intentional or not. They went there again and your motors started to turn back on but it was too late. If you look at the altitude you can see the lower slope from your full down and then after the CSC the slope increases because the motors are off. You can see it for yourself if you watch the replay of the flight on your DJI Go app. Click on the paper airplane in the upper left corner and select that flight and then in the lower left there is a joystick picture. If you touch them you can see the stick positions during the flight as you play it back. Just before the crash you should see them goto CSC.

I'm so sorry and you have my sympathy, if you look here it is the number 1 reason for crash....

DJI Forum|TOP 10 common pilot errors

Yes sorry, and in the data file the motors definitely shut off after your sticks went in about 50 feet up. I just wasn't sure if it was intentional or not. They went there again and your motors started to turn back on but it was too late. If you look at the altitude you can see the lower slope from your full down and then after the CSC the slope increases because the motors are off. You can see it for yourself if you watch the replay of the flight on your DJI Go app. Click on the paper airplane in the upper left corner and select that flight and then in the lower left there is a joystick picture. If you touch them you can see the stick positions during the flight as you play it back. Just before the crash you should see them goto CSC.

I'm so sorry and you have my sympathy, if you look here it is the number 1 reason for crash....

DJI Forum|TOP 10 common pilot errors

You know what.. Just watched the replay. You can clearly see it start drifting quickly across the street without any inputs from me. you can also see that I never initiated a CSC command either

You know what.. Just watched the replay. You can clearly see it start drifting quickly across the street without any inputs from me. you can also see that I never initiated a CSC command either

Interesting...that was why I asked if you did it in response to some event, like the drifting...I will look some more....do you see full down and full back on the sticks? It was right after that and it looks like you only did it for about 1/100 of a sec.

Interesting...that was why I asked if you did it in response to some event, like the drifting...I will look some more....do you see full down and full back on the sticks? It was right after that and it looks like you only did it for about 1/100 of a sec.

does the replay pick up just pure up down left right movements on the sticks or does it also pick up the type of movement required for CSC?

does the replay pick up just pure up down left right movements on the sticks or does it also pick up the type of movement required for CSC?

It picks up all the stick movements but I don't think it says anything if CSC occurs. You have to lock for when each stick is at 100%...it was brief, was just saying if you see both sticks down at 100% it was just after that...

I will try to get dashware to work on my computer....

Last edited:
It picks up all the stick movements but I don't think it says anything if CSC occurs. You have to lock for when each stick is at 100%...it was brief, was just saying if you see both sticks down at 100% it was just after that...

I try to get dashware to work on my computer....

You can tell for sure panicked when the thing started drifting. Both sticks went down at 100% not at the same time but only after it wouldn't stop drifting. At that point I was just hoping to keep it out of the busy street...

Last edited:
Not saying I didn't initiate a CSC at some point during the event but events leading up to where i paniced were not caused by a CSC. The flight playback doesn't support it

Yes I will look into the drift next, in a couple hours. From your description it may have left GPS mode into ATTI mode. In ATTI mode it will drift with the wind. I think the DJI go playback does show those messages....it is also in the log, look for ATTI mode in the playback...

Yes I will look into the drift next, in a couple hours. From your description it may have left GPS mode into ATTI mode. In ATTI mode it will drift with the wind. I think the DJI go playback does show those messages....it is also in the log, look for ATTI mode in the playback...

it stayed in gps mode... I'll post a video of the flight

Thanks for that, I have like 100,000 rows of data and that is more useful. It definitely shows it going straight right with no input from you and it appears to be in P-GPS mode...that should not happen. The CSC is at the end...I'll keep looking but definitely contact where you bought it from and/or DJI...I don't think it was a compass issue because it didn't spin at all...

Reactions: TmoneyF
Thanks for that, I have like 100,000 rows of data and that is more useful. It definitely shows it going straight right with no input from you and it appears to be in P-GPS mode...that should not happen. The CSC is at the end...I'll keep looking but definitely contact where you bought it from and/or DJI...I don't think it was a compass issue because it didn't spin at all...

The dealer said they will replace it. fingers crossed.

The movement before the CSC is consistent with TBE and compass issues despite the MOD not indicating much. MOD doesn't necessarily indicate the true status of the compass which is why it isn't an exact science.

@TmoneyF, did you have a chance to look at the compass calibration primer link I posted?

The movement before the CSC is consistent with TBE and compass issues despite the MOD not indicating much. MOD doesn't necessarily indicate the true status of the compass which is why it isn't an exact science.

@TmoneyF, did you have a chance to look at the compass calibration primer link I posted?

I did look at the link, Thank You. Will make sure and follow those recommendations when I get back flying again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik