First flight butterflies

Reaction score
The last time I flew anything it was my Phantom 2+ Vision version 3.0. That was 2 weeks ago. Shortly after takeoff ESC #2 failed resulting in an expensive crash. I'm still getting that bird fixed, but that's another story.

I just flew my Phantom 3 for the first time. Using the latest firmware... Needless to say I was nervous. Not so much with my abilities, but with possible hardware failures that would result in an expensive crash.

It flew perfectly. No issues at all. It seemed more stable and smoother, if that makes sense. But I'm talking with exactly one flight experience. I did have some signal disconnects but I blame that on my android device.

Overall I'm happy. Happy to be flying again and lucky enough to have such a great bird.

Glad ya up again and hate ya had the other problem bro !!!
You were just having PCD ..Post Crash Disorder !!
I still have it . It sucks :(
But ya got the new one so enjoy :)

I resolved my android issue. I closed all aps, turned on Airplane mode, then did a restart of the phone and ran the DJI Pilot Ap with nothing else running. Samsung Note 4.

Reactions: Brad Vickery
I have a Flamewheel F550, a P2V and a P3P and plenty of experience, but still I'm nervous before every flight!

Check your cable. I haven't had any disconnects at all on my 2 Android devices.

Reactions: ctp
I know bout pre flight butterflies been a while since flown my P2+ v3 and that was at no great distance.All went ok didnt try anything radical but now got the P3 and reading withinn this great forum i feel a lot more confident knowing i can gain information from them that know so much more.I know we are all learning

Check your cable. I haven't had any disconnects at all on my 2 Android devices.

Good call - huge difference between disconnect phone-controller and disconnect controller-quad. I've not had any controller-phone disconnects. Most of my controller-quad disconnects have been caused by wifi on the tablet.

Wait until you venture out far enough to where you can't hear or see the P3. The pucker factor exponentially increases :)

I've only done it 3 times and I'm still nervous as hell but it is getting easier. I stay glued to my screen.

Wait until you venture out far enough to where you can't hear or see the P3. The pucker factor exponentially increases :)

I've only done it 3 times and I'm still nervous as hell but it is getting easier. I stay glued to my screen.
Yeah thats what i wanna do i hope in time

I have flown RC's for years no butterflies at all because I have already crashed thousands of dollars of equipment. ;)

No wifi on the P3.
The tablet connects to the controller with a cable.

I assume Rob was asking if turning on airplane mode would stop disconnects caused by wifi...

Personally I'm not sure as I've never had a disconnect but theory says if your disconnect is mobile/tablet to RC then it's unlikely to help (though you might save a little CPU and RAM by having airplane mode on which may help if it's lack of computing power that's causing the app to crash and hence disconnect)
If your losing RC to P3 then it may do as lightbridge and wifi both use 2.4Ghz.

I felt exactly the same, I was very scared to take it out. I liked looking at it knowing it is still in one piece haha. First flight was a breeze because it really does fly like a dream. I made a slight error on my flight when hand catching it trying to turn it off via the battery. I was not aware I had to shut the motors off first and was the Phantom ever putting up a fight while I was trying to shut it off. I've had a few more flights since and all has been smooth. I did have one scary moment where the screen said I lost signal but I still had a clear video stream and I still had control. It came back home safely. Well worth the money. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31