First day

Reaction score
Brand new to this forum and the dji phantom. I just want to say wow! As a RC heli/plane Pilot twenty years ago and out of the game for 15 years these things do what we all dreamed about. It's now a reality for anyone and I mean anyone. My son was flying with 5 min of instruction that would have took me months if not years with my old helicopter. I only realized this existed looking to fill some old scale body's and now they will be wire hangers forever I guess. A++

:D
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations and fully agree!

MHL

Welcome! :cool:

Which phantom do you have? Where are you located.

Welcome,,, Bakersfield, ca.

Welcome!

Absolutely agree. The nearest to these was minimum 4ch Heli, and they were a lot of time and practice to fly. I've had friends flying my P2 with just a few minutes instruction.
Welcome to the forum.

Kbboehm said:
Brand new to this forum and the dji phantom. I just want to say wow! As a RC heli/plane Pilot twenty years ago and out of the game for 15 years these things do what we all dreamed about.......
Welcome!
And yes, they are a dream to fly. I too have been a RC pilot for quite awhile - since the mid-80s (yes, I'm older than dirt!) and could never imagine any RC craft where you could take your hands off the transmitter and your craft patiently waits for your next command. I know it seems trivial now, be we have come a long, long way over the past 10 or so years! ..and I can't wipe the smile off my face!

TeeJayN said:
...and could never imagine any RC craft where you could take your hands off the transmitter and your craft patiently waits for your next command. I know it seems trivial now, be we have come a long, long way over the past 10 or so years! ..and I can't wipe the smile off my face!

Where I work, the Managers take it in turns to be the On-Call Manager after hours. During those times, we have to be available to take any calls where the staff need authorisation for something from a Manager. Whenever it's my turn to be On-Call, I normally decide against going for a fly just in case a call comes in. I mentioned that once to someone that knows Phantoms, and he quipped, so go flying anyway. If a call comes in, put down the radio, take the call, and the quad will still be hovering right where you left it when you finish the call. LOL. He's probably right. Barring a battery problem, or the battery being low when the call came in, it probably WOULD still be right where I left it. Like to see even the beginner 3Ch RC Heli's do that when you let go of the controls. It wouldn't be pretty.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl