My old Phantom 3 Pro - DJI RELIABILITY

Reaction score
Hi guys, my phantom is now 2 years and 3 months old and it's like new.
I wonder how it can last, maybe forever, why not if it doesn't get any crash...

Anyone of you have more "experienced" device (adv/pro/standard)? And how it is?
Cheer!

Anyone of you have more "experienced" device (adv/pro/standard)? And how it is?
About the same here.....just flew today. Still working like a champ, although I grant you I maintain it like it was my first car......and still on very old firmware.....Latest App versions.....no issues......KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK on wood..........;)

As long as the following is true, I see no reason why it can't keep going:

1. Access to new batteries
2. Eventually, access to new motors or the ability to be able to change bearings or find someone who will.
3. The ability for the present App (DJI Go, Litchi, etc.) to play well with any future IOS or Android operating system, or future apps to work with future OS. In my case, I have a dedicated tablet that I have no intention of upgrading.

Last edited:
As long as the following is true, I see no reason why it can't keep going:

1. Access to new batteries
2. Eventually, access to new motors or the ability to be able to change bearings or find someone who will.
3. The ability for the present App (DJI Go, Litchi, etc.) to play well with any future IOS or Android operating system. In my case, I have a dedicated tablet that I have no intention of upgrading.
Agreed- with the batteries likely to be the biggest issue. No reason why new cells couldn’t be fitted if need be. I haven’t found a direct replacement yet (physical dimensions) however I haven’t tried really hard either.

I too....I bless myself I didn't update anymore since last year. Batteries loose about 25/30 % according litchi app, and I'm into 15 minutes at 20%. Cells are also perfectly balanced. I wish never sell it, but mavic 2 call me so much

I too....I bless myself I didn't update anymore since last year. Batteries loose about 25/30 % according litchi app, and I'm into 15 minutes at 20%. Cells are also perfectly balanced. I wish never sell it, but mavic 2 call me so much
Given what its worth now best keep it and have as a backup to the mavic.

You guys are making it sound like we are not going to be able to get batteries for the P3 much longer. Does DJI plan to discontinue producing battery for P3's?

You guys are making it sound like we are not going to be able to get batteries for the P3 much longer. Does DJI plan to discontinue producing battery for P3's?
I haven’t heard anything re production. What is known is that DJI doesn’t make the batteries (there are several external suppliers to DJI) and there is always a point where volumes reduce to the point it isn’t economical to procure and maintain inventory.

If it's like cell batteries, third parts Phantom 3 batteries will be produced at least for another 3 years following dji stop

Mine will be three years old on July 1st. Flew two batteries this weekend after updating to latest firmware. Still works awesome and looks like new.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl