First day of P4P flying

Reaction score
I've been active on this forum for a while, going through a succession of Phantom 3s. This week I got a P4P, and because of rain and snow, I couldn't fly for several days. Finally today the skies cleared, and I was able to shoot this brief video of a nearby farmhouse in the November snow.

That's a nice smooth video but is it usual for the horizon to be out of level?

That's a nice smooth video but is it usual for the horizon to be out of level?
From what I've read it's not uncommon for a new P4P to require a one-time gimbal roll adjustment. It was my first day flying the bird, and I was just starting to check it out. I'll tweak it next time I fly.

Reactions: Obsid_Ian
Thanks for sharing MassDrone. Fun when you get a day to fly while there is snow cover. Enjoy that P4P and it's great camera.

where metro west are you? I grew up in Sudbury
I'm in Marlboro near the Sudbury line. I like the dense forest cover across this area.

Thanks for sharing MassDrone. Fun when you get a day to fly while there is snow cover. Enjoy that P4P and it's great camera.
I know. I can't wait to see what it can do in the right conditions.

I had the pleasure of making a video with my P3S the morning after a heavy sticky snowfall a couple of years ago. I posted the video on Facebook to share with friends, and it was noticed by ABC News, who contacted me. I gave them permission to share it, and found out that it was broadcast on Good Morning America in addition to being featured on ABC News's Facebook page, where it got over half a million views. I can only hope to do as well with my P4P.

From what I've read it's not uncommon for a new P4P to require a one-time gimbal roll adjustment. It was my first day flying the bird, and I was just starting to check it out. I'll tweak it next time I fly.
VirtualDub (free on PC) has a filter called 'rotate2' that can rotate footage thru a specified angle. Not used it for a while but I'm guessing it could fix your horizon (at the cost of a few pixels on the borders)

I edit using Adobe Premiere, which has a similar rotation command. I didn't bother adjusting this brief clip.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94