First attempt

My controllr has no plug like that and I don't have an adapter like that. Instructions just show them using a USB cable. They don'y show or tell much in the manual. I bought a new charger last night from best buy, in case the original was bad, but same....battery no response even for hours all remains cold. I have a new OEM battery coming that I payed 72 dollars for. Been taking time prepping the Phantom as much as possible. Even balanced each prop, lol..... Sorry habit from my airplane days.

Thanks a lot for all the helpful info in this thread....I'll have this phantom going soon.

My controllr has no plug like that and I don't have an adapter like that. Instructions just show them using a USB cable. They don'y show or tell much in the manual. I bought a new charger last night from best buy, in case the original was bad, but same....battery no response even for hours all remains cold. I have a new OEM battery coming that I payed 72 dollars for. Been taking time prepping the Phantom as much as possible. Even balanced each prop, lol..... Sorry habit from my airplane days.

Thanks a lot for all the helpful info in this thread....I'll have this phantom going soon.

New OEM batt for $72? Where from?

New OEM batt for $72? Where from?

Ya..... So I got the battery, that said in the Ebay description, "OEM" battery for Phantom 3 Standard.......well.....it is NOT OEM!! It's a brand called "Power Extra".....It looks good and may perform good, but I wish it was OEM. I again got lied too on EBAY. I dunno if these off brands are any good, please report if this brand is any good. Regardless..... I plan to charge it up and let it rip as high as I can go. If I never see it again.....OH WELL!!

I just got another battery from an EBAY trusted seller, for 79.00 I specifid to the seller that it must be OEM DJI and they assured it is. I was told it was pulled from a Phantom Standard that doesn't work, but nothing wrong with battery, never flown and shows storage charge. Told me to test it when I get it and if not satisfied I can return it. Can't argue with that. SO I guess I now have two good batteries. Time to calibrate and finally get a nice, little test flight going. A low and gentle flight.

Ya..... So I got the battery, that said in the Ebay description, "OEM" battery for Phantom 3 Standard.......well.....it is NOT OEM!! It's a brand called "Power Extra".....It looks good and may perform good, but I wish it was OEM. I again got lied too on EBAY. I dunno if these off brands are any good, please report if this brand is any good. Regardless..... I plan to charge it up and let it rip as high as I can go. If I never see it again.....OH WELL!!
I know the brand. It may be ok but let it earn your trust before goin on a long flight. If it passes boot up and all reads normal in the battery info in the app then u may be ok.

I plan to charge it up and let it rip as high as I can go. If I never see it again.....OH WELL!!

Good luck with that

Start a refund dispute via pay pal .... they lied ....

Well........we all sure would love to hear from you on the test flights......how did you do...and the battery's !

I'm working far from home, doing the Hotel thing, so I'm not there to catch my orders. I ordered a OEM DJI battery from Ebay and tracking said it would be on my porch On Friday. I would be home Friday evening, so I thought a few hours on the porch wouldn't hurt the battery(Fall weather) I made it home Friday to nothing but cold and rain all over the box sitting on my porch. Irritated I got the box and luckily seller wrapped the OEM, box with plastic and had it very well packaged inside the soaked shipping box. To make sure it was delivered on Friday I went to Ebay and checked. Oh hell it said it had been sitting on my porch since Wednesday. That means the 79 dollar battery was sitting in the snow, cold, windy weather for two nights. Weather report said it got down to 28 degrees both nights....GREAT! I warmed up the battery and checked the lvel by pressing the button for 5 seconds. It shows one bar with a flashing red light, after seller assured me it was half full and new condition. Did I just screw this battery??!! 'mI telling you I'm having a horrible time with this drone. I try to get the best out of stupid situations, so I guess I'll take this as a learning curve....I have learned a lot and I'll use this drone as a test bed, if it works it does, if it doesn't, then oh well. It will be a 600 dollar, shelf statue.

I'm working far from home, doing the Hotel thing, so I'm not there to catch my orders. I ordered a OEM DJI battery from Ebay and tracking said it would be on my porch On Friday. I would be home Friday evening, so I thought a few hours on the porch wouldn't hurt the battery(Fall weather) I made it home Friday to nothing but cold and rain all over the box sitting on my porch. Irritated I got the box and luckily seller wrapped the OEM, box with plastic and had it very well packaged inside the soaked shipping box. To make sure it was delivered on Friday I went to Ebay and checked. Oh hell it said it had been sitting on my porch since Wednesday. That means the 79 dollar battery was sitting in the snow, cold, windy weather for two nights. Weather report said it got down to 28 degrees both nights....GREAT! I warmed up the battery and checked the lvel by pressing the button for 5 seconds. It shows one bar with a flashing red light, after seller assured me it was half full and new condition. Did I just screw this battery??!! 'mI telling you I'm having a horrible time with this drone. I try to get the best out of stupid situations, so I guess I'll take this as a learning curve....I have learned a lot and I'll use this drone as a test bed, if it works it does, if it doesn't, then oh well. It will be a 600 dollar, shelf statue.
I seriously doubt the cold weather would do that kind of damage to a "supposedly" new battery. 1 light on the 5 second press clearly shows its not new. What does the battery info say in the go app? How many times has it been charged?

I did the 5 second press again, apparently I didn't let off the press when light showed. I did this time and it shows 5 bars for 90% 100% life. One bar for single press which means I better be charging it up soon. I don't have the app linked up yet, because I haven't been able to get power to the drone. I'm taking the drone and all with me out of town to the Hotel this week(work stuff) so I will spend good time getting it all organised and good on my off time in the Hotel.
IMG_20181111_104916[1].jpg
IMG_20181111_104916[1].jpg

I did the 5 second press again, apparently I didn't let off the press when light showed. I did this time and it shows 5 bars for 90% 100% life. One bar for single press which means I better be charging it up soon. I don't have the app linked up yet, because I haven't been able to get power to the drone. I'm taking the drone and all with me out of town to the Hotel this week(work stuff) so I will spend good time getting it all organised and good on my off time in the Hotel.
View attachment 105219View attachment 105219
Yes definitely give it a full charge soon.

What do you mean when you say you cant get power to the drone? Simply insert a battery with any level of charge into the AC and power on the battery. Are you saying the AC won't power up?

What do you mean when you say you cant get power to the drone? Simply insert a battery with any level of charge into the AC and power on the battery. Are you saying the AC won't power up?

I haven't been able to get an actual good battery to power the drone, is what I mean. Until now. My work is hectic, out of town, hotels and all that, so dedicating time to this drone has been tough as well. I plan to bring it down with me this week and get all charged up and calibrated.. I'll have time at night at the hotel. I put the battery on charge for around 20 minutes to bring it up a bit. I don't want full charge yet until I get the drone to work, so I can bleed it back down to storage charge, or use the app to do it. Anyways....I got everything I need now, so it's just a matter of sitting down and getting it all in shape. I have the tablet running and the GO App ready.

Ok, unexpected day off from work, so I'm at the hotel and nothing to do. I went ahead and dedicated the day for cycling and charging my lipo batteries. I'm no stranger to lipos and charging, but this pha tom battery proved to be hard until I figured it out. It's all charged now, waiting for controller. I better hide my charging station before housekeeping comes, lol or it will look like a bomb manufacturing process in here, haha. Two 11 volt turniges on the cycler now.
IMG_20181113_085959.jpg
IMG_20181113_081756.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181113_081813.jpg
    IMG_20181113_081813.jpg
    647.1 KB · Views: 124

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member