First Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have hit rth, put the controller down, and proceeded to kick his ***, (or do my best impression of it) perhaps making use of that nearby pond....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yeah, nothing cools off a ranting lunatic like a swim..lol

I'm only 5'6, 230 lbs, but I can haul a 50lb backpack of tools up 10 flights of stairs without pausing or losing my breath.

Luckily, everybody so far loves my drone,,,I should be their spokesman!

From the UK mental to think you can just carry and pull out a gun to point at someone! Here we would just have to kick his arse!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had an incident where an old man in a park came up to me and said "you cant fly that here its against the law" I said no its not and get out of my way. Luckily all he did was get on his phone and call someone. Probably 911 and they told him the same thing.
Here is a video of a crazy woman attacking a guy for flying his drone.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not looking to start a gun debate here but I think a hand gun is over kill and would cause more problems. I plan on carrying a can of pepper spray with me.

Last edited:
Say hello to my little friend[emoji12]

But seriously, if a weapon is involved it does get complicated Fast. Well at least the phantom will hover when you set the controller down to give him a swimming lesson.

I hope to have my spouse or friend with me every time I fly with their trusty iPhone video camera going for such an occasion. Makes it easier when the cops are called after I kick his ***. [emoji3]

Last edited:
But what if for argument's sake a group approached you and somehow managed to take your gun from you?

Then a once safely holstered means of self defence is in the hands of a lunatic and becomes a dangerous weapon.

I'd never leave the house.
What if your auntie was your uncle?

I just don't pack a sidearm to fly a drone. Spells trouble no matter how you look at it, IMO.

We have to put up with enough bad press as it is, if we all carried guns.....well, it just wouldn't be good.
I do agree. I'm not gonna shoot someone over a drone. He said the guy punched him in the face several times. At that point. As I stated. It's time to kick some butt. Drone or not.

I do agree. I'm not gonna shoot someone over a drone. He said the guy punched him in the face several times. At that point. As I stated. It's time to kick some butt. Drone or not.

Oh
Oh I'm with you on the kickin but, but to justify a gun, the idiot would have to be coming at you with a gun, which wont happen. Most of these mouthy assh*les cant back their talk up. What's that old saying "writin checks with your mouth that your *** cant cash"

Reactions: Juan Wong
This is definitely going off topic, let's just accept it's two different worlds.

Say hello to my little friend[emoji12]

But seriously, if a weapon is involved it does get complicated Fast. Well at least the phantom will hover when you set the controller down to give him a swimming lesson.

I hope to have my spouse or friend with me every time I fly with their trusty iPhone video camera going for such an occasion. Makes it easier when the cops are called after I kick his ***. [emoji3]

I carry a gun in Washington state... But I would take an *** beating before I shot someone over a drone. Unless you're willing to kill someone for a drone, you're better off to kick their asses or call the police. Pull your gun without planning on killing someone you're basically betting that the guy will not take it from you and kill you.

You shouldn't pull a gun on someone you can't kick their asses without it otherwise you risk them shooting you with your own gun if you hesitate.

I'm glad you're okay. But you did the right thing.

Btw I'm 6' 2" and 235 also. I do t get messed with usually.

This is definitely going off topic, let's just accept it's two different worlds.
Two different worlds? You mean gun owners and non gun owners? I own guns, I just don't carry them to fly drones.

I don't own a single firearm Buford.

I'm trying to stop this debate before it becomes an argument.

This sounds like a pretty rare incident. I could understand if someone got mad if you flew too close to them. But the fighting and spitting is obviously someone unstable.
Fortunately I haven't had any issues.
If I'm at a campground I'll ask the campground host and any neighbors especially if they have pets,
if they mind me flying and never had anyone say no.
Every time I fly I get people asking questions and saying how much they've wanted to get one and then I show them the videos on my tablet.
I wish I got 5 bucks for every sale I provided. I'd be RICH!:D

I'm not scared of a flat tire, yet I carry a spare tire.
I'm not scared of a kitchen fire yet I keep a fire extinguisher.........

I could carry a cop I suppose, but the ones I work with are just too heavy. lol

I'm not scared of a flat tire, yet I carry a spare tire.
I'm not scared of a kitchen fire yet I keep a fire extinguisher.........

I could carry a cop I suppose, but the ones I work with are just too heavy. lol

First I would put the drone into a position where it videoed the whole encounter and secondly I would be carrying this in its holster on my belt. And would have pulled it out, all you have to do is hit the button one time and they get the message pretty quick.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/21/9406cc17c45505e87ba09d6f1b8fce79.

[URL]https://vimeo.com/156195361[/URL]

Last edited:
Reactions: pomonabill220
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic