First Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is my first post here, I guess you could say this is more of a heads-up warning. I have had my P3S for about a month now and love it, flying it is a blast. All of my interactions with people have been positive, in fact I took a photo of a new Fire Department near where I live and it came out really nice. I decided to email the picture to the Department and they replied asking if I would take photos on a nice day with all of the trucks pulled out.

Last night I went with a buddy to look at a drone for him and decided that after I dropped him off I would stop at a local pond and fly around for a few minutes.....what a bad idea. When I got to the location there was not one person around, it was about 10 PM. Got the drone up in the air over the pond pretty quick and went up roughly 150' when I notice a guy walking down the street, no big deal, I am not near him and the drone was not even in the general area of the guy. All of a sudden this guys starts yelling at me telling me I am "stupid" an "idiot" and on and on saying I am breaking the law because "there is an airport within 40 miles of me". In a nice way I tried to explain that I am within the FAA guidelines and it is registered, what a huge mistake! Guy freaks out and ran at me grabbing me, punching me, kicking me, and worst of all spit on me. I did pretty well for only having one free hand, the controller and phone was in my left hand and I was not letting him get it. This went on for about 3 to 5 minutes before two teenagers came walking by so I asked them to call 911. As they were doing that I told the guy ok you are right and I am leaving and walked backwards as if I am leaving. He starts yelling again no you're effin not no you're not and started trying to get in my truck and punching the windows on it. As soon as he heard the sirens coming he bolted. 6 Patrol Officers and 1 K-9 unit searched the area but didn't find him.

Point to this post is just to remind everyone that enjoys flying to maintain situational awareness so that you do not get hurt.

Steve

wish I was there would of let him me my friend 9mm

Reactions: nick59349
arnas and flpholt sorta sound like me. Except that I carry my .40 mm EVERYWHERE, not just while flying, so it is naturally with me when I'm flying anyway. I love the part about being "within 40 miles of an airport." Apparently THAT guy was the friggin idiot, not you. Even if he was right and you were wrong, it's still no reason to assault you. Next time,,,,SHOOT HIS ***....

concealed permit the only way

Reactions: Gary M
florida

Glad you are ok and that you responded with appropriate, and most importantly, legal resisting "force."

Ahhh, yes, another state that is good about conceal carry, like us here in Virginia!

yeah I have a lawn business and work alone due shopping centers around 5 am when no one is around so best to be packing than some idiot want to rob you at that time

That's why I always carry a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yep guns fix bad attitudes pretty quick, never leave home without it!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is my first post here, I guess you could say this is more of a heads-up warning. I have had my P3S for about a month now and love it, flying it is a blast. All of my interactions with people have been positive, in fact I took a photo of a new Fire Department near where I live and it came out really nice. I decided to email the picture to the Department and they replied asking if I would take photos on a nice day with all of the trucks pulled out.

Last night I went with a buddy to look at a drone for him and decided that after I dropped him off I would stop at a local pond and fly around for a few minutes.....what a bad idea. When I got to the location there was not one person around, it was about 10 PM. Got the drone up in the air over the pond pretty quick and went up roughly 150' when I notice a guy walking down the street, no big deal, I am not near him and the drone was not even in the general area of the guy. All of a sudden this guys starts yelling at me telling me I am "stupid" an "idiot" and on and on saying I am breaking the law because "there is an airport within 40 miles of me". In a nice way I tried to explain that I am within the FAA guidelines and it is registered, what a huge mistake! Guy freaks out and ran at me grabbing me, punching me, kicking me, and worst of all spit on me. I did pretty well for only having one free hand, the controller and phone was in my left hand and I was not letting him get it. This went on for about 3 to 5 minutes before two teenagers came walking by so I asked them to call 911. As they were doing that I told the guy ok you are right and I am leaving and walked backwards as if I am leaving. He starts yelling again no you're effin not no you're not and started trying to get in my truck and punching the windows on it. As soon as he heard the sirens coming he bolted. 6 Patrol Officers and 1 K-9 unit searched the area but didn't find him.

Point to this post is just to remind everyone that enjoys flying to maintain situational awareness so that you do not get hurt.

Steve
Always protect yourself. The guy would have gotten a quick azz whipping then I would wait for cops. I guess being 6.2 235lbs has its benefits. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Steve
Ohhh the wonders of being a person who is always armed. Would have been a bad day for said *******.

Reactions: Gary M and 185EZ
Yeah, I know crap like this happens to people, crazy ******* running at you for flying a drone, but like tony, I'm 6'4". Little do they know I'm just waitin for somebody to be stupid....:mad:

I would have hit rth, put the controller down, and proceeded to kick his ***, (or do my best impression of it) perhaps making use of that nearby pond....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues