Firmware v3.04

FASTFJR said:
Nothing was said about the compass issue however……………..After doing the update and going out for a flight I was shocked when the P2 flew straight as an arrow and my local football field? Every other test I did before it would start the J hook around the 40-50 yard line. Yesterday it flew straight all the way down. I thought it was a fluke so I powered down, swapped the battery for a new one, did another compass calibration and it flew straight again. I'm in 19075

If this is the case I might update asap! It is incredibly hard to keep a straight line!

lightingbryan said:
FASTFJR said:
Nothing was said about the compass issue however……………..After doing the update and going out for a flight I was shocked when the P2 flew straight as an arrow and my local football field? Every other test I did before it would start the J hook around the 40-50 yard line. Yesterday it flew straight all the way down. I thought it was a fluke so I powered down, swapped the battery for a new one, did another compass calibration and it flew straight again. I'm in 19075

If this is the case I might update asap! It is incredibly hard to keep a straight line!

i already made a update but can't do the test yet, when i get home today i will...

FASTFJR said:

You big tease, you! I hope that it isn't a fluke. Someone else please try this. I won't be able to until tomorrow when I get back home.

I'm going out to fly in a few minutes.
One thing I did notice is DJI changed the Defaults for the Gains settings. If you click "Default" on the Gains settings Tab, the new gains are 125 125 120 140 260 260

there's another thread someone started linking a forum in asia where they're saying the rate limit on descent seemed to be .9m/s, if you get a chance to fly with 3.04 (or 3.4? whatever) let us know if you see the same or if it's still 2m/s (assuming you're on 3.02 / 3.2)

This is getting off topic perhaps, but I support the airport restrictions. If someone with a Phantom brings down a plane there will be no more Phantom sales. There WILL be accidents on the ground. One super ding dong here said he flew down the middle of the George Washington Bridge. If one of the Phantom's many documented failures occurred chances of hitting traffic would have been high.

My personal feeling is what DJI is really doing with their updates is stating some kind of interesting yet vague improvement (Teaser) and slipping in a CYA (Cover Your ***) Restriction.

So far with all the recent updates I have seen nothing that really addresses customer complaint issues but does add more restrictions on the customers use of the product.

So far, regarding the P2, it appears that DJI is constantly dictating and limiting our use of the product which when originally released, gave us the freedom to explore and enjoy our P2.

Just my thoughts on the topic.[/quote]

I think there will continue to be restrictions being 'built-it' or passed down especially in RTF or near-RTF a/c.
Some will be hacked and others won't.

Manufacturers have to be proactive with regards to liability.

There has been plenty of editorializing about where this all going. In part due to a paradigm shift in the experience of the operators of these systems. Used to be you got a plane or heli kit, went to a club field, and learned how to fly with instructors in safe(r) controlled conditions.

Now UPS brings it to your door, you charge the battery, read a manual???, and go toss it in the air with little to no r/c experience.

With all r/c vehicles failures and mishaps occur. Now there happening in your front yard, downtown, etc.

What can go wrong?[/quote]

I just got done flying. I went through 2 batteries. I saw no improvement in J hook or drifting. It still did both. As far as descent rate limiting goes. I got it to 1.9 m/s no problem.
I also did an advanced imu calibration after performing the 3.04 update and did a compass calibration twice out at the field.

Just did the test here. 5 min, didn´t give it time to adjust.
HUGE Jhook (~45 degrees to the right) and HUGE TBE. No improvements at all. :cry: :cry: :evil:
My declination is -21.

Now I'm really pissed. I went to do a shoot after work for a realtor friend of mine. The property has a stream (straight for about 500ft) they wanted me to shoot. SOB Phantom would not stay straight. I did 3 compass calibrations, made about 15 passes and went thru batteries. It didn't have the hook it had a few weeks ago but it was still their.

Upgraded to v3.04. (From v3.0) After install, software says P2 is now v3.4 with latest being v3.04?? Usual quality control from DJI. :cry:

Now it flys like a pig. Seems to twitch all the time and can't keep a stable hover altitude. I have no faith in this company anymore.

BigBadFun said:
Upgraded to v3.04. (From v3.0) After install, software says P2 is now v3.4 with latest being v3.04?? Usual quality control from DJI. :cry:

Now it flys like a pig. Seems to twitch all the time and can't keep a stable hover altitude. I have no faith in this company anymore.

Dude, please change your pic. This is supposed to be fun for the rest of us.

BigBadFun said:

u didint have to upgrade.... the upgrade from 2-3-4 added nothing to the P2 really except limits lol Rockin v2 still here till i see how the trajectory of the updates go for a bit. I dont live nor go near a airport so im ok with not having GPS Airport limits. and I like my down speed as is, i hear 3.04 down speed is less? could be wrong.

wkf94025 said:
Dude, please change your pic. This is supposed to be fun for the rest of us.

Oh come on. My mum took that photo!! LOL... ok then, I'll find another abonimation to photoshop a phantom on... that took me ages!! :lol: :lol:

I just installed (drilled hole) my H3-3D and am wondering if I should update. I'm still on 1.08
I'm not afraid of restrictions but I am afraid of making things worse. Everything besides the j-hook is working fine.
Trying to read all accounts on here regarding updates. Charging up batteries now and plan to fly this weekend.

Please keep your experiences coming.

Ianwood, are you all up to date on RC and P2?

What is the minimum firmware version that will support the H3-3D? How can I get firmware 2.0?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj