Firmware updated then trouble

Reaction score
Last evening was going to take my P4 Pro up. Gave me a firmware warning and made me update. I did that. I got a APPLE IOS update warning. I have an older IOS 11 something and am not updating the Ipad. Once firmware was done.......everything was good to launch. No warnings, no compass calibration. I do auto launch, it hovers and starts rising and going laterally. I fight with it and bring it down. **** thing tipped over while I was trying to land. Luck it was in the grass and we just got a ton of rain so propellers were digging into the mud/grass. I thought ****...I turned off Ipad, turned controller and drone off. Turned everything back on, all systems go no error messages. I do auto launch, P4 Pro launches, stops then starts to rise and go laterally. I am trying to get it to come down but it is not responding to commands. It kept rising for 4 seconds all while I had stick going down. Landed safely and did not have time to mess with drone of check settings? Any thoughts?

Did you try manual takeoff? Just to eliminate a variable.

Almost sounds like you were in ATTI. Did you get a home point update notice?

Almost sounds like you were in ATTI. Did you get a home point update notice?

I'm 99.9% sure I was in GPS. Not windy, scared the crap out of me on the second launch it was taking off and I was pressing the stick all the way down and it was STILL gaining altitude.

I would try that first, and make 100% sure you have a home point update before you takeoff. If you still get the same result, there are other things to look at.

Reactions: Jeff
You could pull the flight log and very that if you like. If so, follow this link and follow the instructions to upload your log file, then paste a link back here if you would like it reviewed.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Thanks Fly Dawg...will review flight log and verify. I always update home point before take off.

Personally I never use auto takeoff, unless it is a Litchi mission. I never use the VPS sensors either. Sometimes they cause most difficult landings.

Does IMU calibrate take over 20 minutes. it's taking forever, I've been stuck on step 5 for 10 minutes?

Does IMU calibrate take over 20 minutes. it's taking forever, I've been stuck on step 5 for 10 minutes?
No. That normally means you're doing it wrong.

Here's how it should be done:

I watched the youtube then did it. It locked up. I turned everything off and re-did it. Then it calibrated super fast.

Re-calibrated my IMU. Calibrated compass. had 10 GPS satellites. Launched and **** thing will not hover and wanted to fly away without any input from me. UGhhh.

Quick look...you had a class B warning before takeoff. Plus numerous Mismatch errors and compass errors. Will do a more detailed look tomorrow, unless another chimes in.

SCREW ME....got home from work. Tried to check drone. Did 15 compass calibrations and they ALL failed. I've taken off dozen of times from my driveway no problem. UGhhh.....temporarily got a expensive paperweight.

Sounds like a bad compass.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik