Firmware updated, have new problems

Reaction score
Yesterday I updated my firmware for my DJI P3 pro. Now the maps do not show in the box in lower left. Only shows radar icon w/ red paper airplane for camera direction. No street map, Satelite map or hybrid map as before. Tried everything to bring it back.
Also, I tried the Director to creat a custom movie and when I select a template I get a message that says: " Sorry DJI Pilot has stopped " tried all buttons, got same message.
Anybody having same problems

As a matter of fact I couldn't get the map there myself..I thought it was somwthing I did wrong but I saved the area for offline use and flew in that area and th map wouldn't come up...didn't have this problem before

Think I'll wait to upgrade firmware
Good idea-- just remember-- that you will probably have to update to this version, before you can upgrade to the one that they have not put out yet-- at least that was the word on the street.

Yesterday I updated my firmware for my DJI P3 pro. Now the maps do not show in the box in lower left. Only shows radar icon w/ red paper airplane for camera direction. No street map, Satelite map or hybrid map as before. Tried everything to bring it back.
Also, I tried the Director to creat a custom movie and when I select a template I get a message that says: " Sorry DJI Pilot has stopped " tried all buttons, got same message.
Anybody having same problems

what OS are you using? Maybe try deleting the app and re-installing it? I upgraded mine and did not run into this map issue. I am on iOS.

what OS are you using? Maybe try deleting the app and re-installing it? I upgraded mine and did not run into this map issue. I am on iOS.
Buckeye, keep us posted on the update-- I am also on IOS and I think I will wait about a week to jump off and do it. I think firmware has to be updated each time, so we wont be able to skip and upgrade to get the latest-- otherwise, I would wait a while to do it.

Attachments

• clear[2].png
    clear[2].png
    137 bytes · Views: 533
Good idea-- just remember-- that you will probably have to update to this version, before you can upgrade to the one that they have not put out yet-- at least that was the word on the street.
I have the new FW bin file loaded on the card ready to go. Could I wait and see if there is a new update to fix this issue and then 2 updates back to back? That was what I was thinking anyway

I have the new FW bin file loaded on the card ready to go. Could I wait and see if there is a new update to fix this issue and then 2 updates back to back? That was what I was thinking anyway
Yes, but do not put 1.2.6 on SD card until when you get ready to upgrade. Then you will have to upgrade to 1.2.6 before you can upgrade to the next firmware release. the new one that just came out is 1.2.6.

If you put that one on the SD card now-- it will want to upgrade to that 1.2.6 when you power aircraft on and this could create some unwanted consequences. If you are not upgraded and open the pilot app it will give you a red triangle on the status screen telling you the firmware also needs to be updated. So if you want to keep 1.1.9, you have to put up with this message until you upgrade to the next version. If there are a few bugs creating issues in 1.2.6, there will probably be another firmware upgrade soon. But that is pure speculation on my part. I am just going to wait a bit because I am not having any issues with my current version.

Last edited:
Yes, but do not put 1.2.6 on SD card until when you get ready to upgrade. Then you will have to upgrade to 1.2.6 before you can upgrade to the next firmware release. old one is, the new one that just came out is 1.2.6.

If you put that one on the SD card now-- it will want to upgrade to that 1.2.6 when you power aircraft on and this could create some unwanted consequences. If you are not upgraded and open the pilot app it will give you a red triangle on the status screen telling you the firmware also needs to be updated. So if you want to keep 1.1.9, you have to put up with this message until you upgrade to the next version. If there are a few bugs creating issues in 1.2.6, there will probably be another firmware upgrade soon. But that is pure speculation on my part. I am just going to wait a bit because I am not having any issues with my current version.
Just bought mine last Thursday from a local shop. They upgraded the firmware to I guess to v1.1.9 Flew it Friday no alerts. Is this the firmware you have 1.1.9?

Just bought mine last Thursday from a local shop. They upgraded the firmware to I guess to v1.1.9 Flew it Friday no alerts. Is this the firmware you have 1.1.9?
Yes the current firmware was 1.1.9 and now they have put out 1.2.6. We are getting a few on the forum with disconnect problems and loss of the map with the radar. Don't know whether they are connected to the upgrade, but I am going to wait a couple of days to see if the firmware upgrade is the problem before I do the 1.2.6 update.:)

Reactions: Jorovi
Yes the current firmware was 1.1.9 and now they have put out 1.2.6. We are getting a few on the forum with disconnect problems and loss of the map with the radar. Don't know whether they are connected to the upgrade, but I am going to wait a couple of days to see if the firmware upgrade is the problem before I do the 1.2.6 update.:)
Thanks. Just have to remember to use the SD card from my Go-Pro and not put in the one with the new firmware

Its disheartening when DJI puts out a new firmware without fully testing it. I received notice from DJi about the new firmware being available and thought I would check here first before downloading it. Glad I did....due the issue reported I think I will also wait a few weeks and see what else pops up.

Reactions: bobmyers
I updated my firmware because I got red flags and notices on the screen to upgrade before flying. I did not try to fly as I thought they locked it out and had to upgrade. Flew again today, still no map but when I tap on box above FN on the right screen, I noticed the three choices have changed from : street map, Hybrid, & Satelite , and now say Standard, Satelite & Night. .??? Problem is none work. This change tells me DJI did something with this feature.

I just updated to V1.2.6 now I can't see video in my ipad and the gimbal loos like death
You might want to try IMU and gimbal recalibration-- suggestion only-- I have not upgraded and wont until these type of posts diminish to a trickle.

I had no issues at all till I upgraded to the 1.2.6 and now my camera gimble glitches out when panning down but when panning up it goes full up with no problems. I did a imu calibration, camera calibration and stick calibration and still having this issue. This sucks because I've had no problems at all with the earlier firmware updates and now this... my camera says F#×@ you?.. dji really needs to get there crap together when doing these updates. Just cause one person is having a problem doesn't mean the next person has that same problem.

I updated my P3A and noticed the drone drifting when near the ground after the update. Last night I noticed the horizon was a little scewed as well so I decided to do an IMU and gimbal Calibration. That went well and took it out tonight to test it.... No Bueno!

Now the drifting is even worse. I switched to ATTI but it wouldn't leave GPS mode regardless of switch position. Now it's telling me the controller needs updating and that I have to update the firmware. Sheeesh! One week to the 4th of July and I have no confidence in this software version.

As a matter of fact I couldn't get the map there myself..I thought it was somwthing I did wrong but I saved the area for offline use and flew in that area and th map wouldn't come up...didn't have this problem before
Same happened to me and quite by accident I solved the problem. Move the map in the small box up to the large view, then in the upper right corner touch the icon next to the center colored icon. you will then get a choice of map, satellite or composite

I don't have the map issue but I updated my P3A with no problem but when I went to update the controller, no Bueno. But here's the weird part, I powered up my Drone and it seemed fine. I haven't flown yet but now I'm very concerned. How can they still work if one isn't upgraded? Help if possible cause I don't want to go flying and have "UNEXPECTED LANDING"!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.