Firmware Update

Ok, so I found the problem. Newbie mistake. When indoors and in beginner mode, satellite positioning is off. But if you disable beginner mode you can fly, but with caution. The satellite positioning off warning went away when I took the drone outside. But I still can't find on the go app where latest firmware for aircraft is listed. Was finally able to take first flight. Thanks msinger

In 'General Settings' scroll to the bottom of the screen. Tap the arrow next to 'About', and all your firmware versions will show. (When everything is connected and on).

@smiller, do you see your aircraft firmware version anywhere in DJI GO?

You can install the latest firmware from DJI GO (like this) or the DJI Assistant 2 app (download it here).

Neither of these work for me, with the Assistant it fails at 15% every time with the DJI GO 4 it seems to download the update firmware but nothing then happens when I connect the Phantom 4 Pro. Is there any visual indication on the Phantom or the built in monitor thst it updating? Is there a progress bar or a sequence of flashing lights like there was on the Phantom 3?

The aircraft is silent for most of the install process. The DJI GO app shows the install progress as it's installing. I don't have the P4P+ remote controller, so I'm not sure what is displayed while it's updating. It is possible to install the remote controller firmware via a memory card -- and, it's apparently possible to install it before installing the aircraft firmware. See more details in this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20