Firmware update

Reaction score
Just did my update to 1.2.8. And just now started reading to not do it. What should I be looking for to start worrying about issues?

Thanks

With my experience with the recent firmware. Here's what you need to do.

Get a 15 foot rope, make sure its strong.
Attach to landing gear.
Throw drone in Lake and attach other end of rope to your boat.
Congratulations, you have a brand new $1,300 anchor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sammynels and Ari
Just did my update to 1.2.8. And just now started reading to not do it. What should I be looking for to start worrying about issues?

Thanks
You cant back up-- but do this-- it may be ok -- there are obviously people who have done the upgrade and not have had issues-- you will very seldom ever read the success stories regarding the upgrade. Most who come here looking for answers are those who are inexperienced or those who are having issues.

Read and study the manual very carefully

If you don't have much experience flying a Phantom or quad copter, grab someone to help you if available--

Do a cold IMU calibration
Do a gimbal calibration
Do a compass calibration

and see what happens. If you are not having camera or hovering issues, then you may have missed the problem.

There are just so many factors to take into consideration, that you wont know until the issues start popping up.

No it is not a boat anchor--

Good luck and get back if you are having issues.

Welcome to the forum.:)

Attach to landing gear.

I don't believe that you received that kind of response when you were looking for help. I am really sorry for your issues, but you will probably be better served if you keep your emotional response to yourself.
Thank you--

I really hope you get over this soon-- life is too short to be harboring this resentment and dishing it out to everyone else. :):)

You cant back up-- but do this-- it may be ok -- there are obviously people who have done the upgrade and not have had issues-- you will very seldom ever read the success stories regarding the upgrade. Most who come here looking for answers are those who are inexperienced or those who are having issues.

Read and study the manual very carefully

If you don't have much experience flying a Phantom or quad copter, grab someone to help you if available--

Do a cold IMU calibration
Do a gimbal calibration
Do a compass calibration

and see what happens. If you are not having camera or hovering issues, then you may have missed the problem.

There are just so many factors to take into consideration, that you wont know until the issues start popping up.

No it is not a boat anchor--

Good luck and get back if you are having issues.

Welcome to the forum.:)

Thank u. Will be very cautious for a while. Just sucks. Normally everyone is always waiting for an update.

Attach to landing gear.

You're getting really obnoxious with your constant trashing of DJI in every thread on the forums. I'm very sorry for your troubles, but is this now to be your life? Posting in every thread every day rehashing your troubles and bad-mouthing the product and the company?! I can't believe the mods are putting up with it.

Attach to landing gear.

AHAHA nice I agree! I did have a break through today... DJI was actually nice enough to allow me to only send in the camera rather than the entire drone. I am going to hopefully buy a new camera tomorrow while the other one gets repaired.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.