Firmware Update

Reaction score
I believe the quad updated, but I don't seem to be able to get the controller too.
Followed the update instructions, but not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Anyone elso encounter this?
The controller will allow the gimbal to move.
Thanks.

Connect the gimbal to the radio with the supplied micro usb cable, and turn both the radio and copter on and wait 60 for it to start updating. That's what I had to do, the first option given in the instructions would not work for me either.

yup I had to connect to the phantom before it worked also, I tried the 1st method with no love.

I just put the file on a usb stick for the tx and it was done in a couple of mins, make sure to format the usb.

I just put the file on a usb stick for the tx and it was done in a couple of mins, make sure to format the usb.

yup I had to connect to the phantom before it worked also, I tried the 1st method with no love.

I found the controller wouldn't start the update with the mini SD in a card reader but did when connected to the phantom.
Maybe it doesn't like some card readers, it's probably better to put the file on a proper USB stick (could someone test this, trying sd card reader first?)

I found the controller wouldn't start the update with the mini SD in a card reader but did when connected to the phantom.
Maybe it doesn't like some card readers, it's probably better to put the file on a proper USB stick (could someone test this, trying sd card reader first?)

I just updated my controller using a plain USB thumb drive(128GB USB 3.0). Copied the firmware .bin file to the USB drive, plugged USB drive in to remote control USB port. Powered on remote control. It took maybe 5-6 mins?? I didn't have a USB->Micro SD adapter or I would have tried that first. Sorry.

I used the supplied card from dji didn't format even had some.pictures on it still. Loaded my bin file the TX updated first then I did the bird both worked great, the beeping on the TX is LOUD. Glad it didn't take too long lol.

The instructions provided for updating the firmware are not clear. I had to chat with DJI Technical support twice before I was able to get my IPAD Air to connect to the Pilot App. The first thing that I was not aware of is that you have to copy the firmware to the micro card while it is inserted in the gimbal and connected to the computer. I attempted to copy the files onto the card using a printer to access the card and I kept getting an error message advising that the card is write protected. Again, connecting the phantom with the card in the gimbal to the computer solved this problem. The second thing that I didn't realize is that the remote must be updated for the IPAD Air to connect to the controller. I didn't have a USB micro adapter for which reason I had to connect the controller to the Phantom using a micro USB cord. I read someplace that the Micro USB reader didn't work and they had to connect the controller directly to the Phantom before it would update. You know that it is updating once a blue light start beeping and flashing. I was also not aware that the battery was updating after I removed it from the Phantom. I tried charging the battery and noticed that there was one green light blinking, which I eventually determined meant that the battery was updating. I found an Inspire video helpful in updating the firmware. It seems to me that the Phantom 3 is an Inspire in the Phantom shell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers