Firmware update

Reaction score
I ave a Phantom 3 standard. Bought it used 6 months ago. When I first got it I did the firm ware update. I don't guess I had any trouble. I am showing that it has a new update now but I haven't done it. It seems to be flying ok and I have read that some people have problems after doing the update. My question is should I do the update.

Hi,

I think it really comes down to personal preference. I like to wait a reasonable amount of time after an update is released to make sure the issues are worked out and then I update. I do that with drones and with my computer systems. Let others find the problems before you dive in.

Sure you do hear horror stories after updates or just gripes on changes DJI has made. If any major issues are found though, they are usually resolved in a follow-up update. So that's why I like to wait and see what others have experienced with the latest update.

Just make sure you follow the proper procedures for updating when you do decide to do so.

Right now I have the 1.2.40 and the new one is 1.9.20. I don't know when it came out. I haven't downloaded it yet.

Update. I thought I had the 1.9.20 update. Don't think I do. I went to fly some today and I was informed I need to update. I am charging everything up and going to see what I need to do. I had gotten the message I needed to update then it had went away and it was back today. I thought maybe it had updated itself while I had the controller and craft on but some said no. Batteries almost charged up. Hope everything goes ok.

I ave a Phantom 3 standard. Bought it used 6 months ago. When I first got it I did the firm ware update. I don't guess I had any trouble. I am showing that it has a new update now but I haven't done it. It seems to be flying ok and I have read that some people have problems after doing the update. My question is should I do the update.

If it's flying as it should don't update.
Just my opinion.
I haven't updated for at least 2 years and have no problems.
I also prefer Litchi to DJI as it has more features for the P3 than DJI.

Reactions: captainmilehigh

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie