Firmware update v.1.06.0040

Reaction score
Just received my Phantom 3 advanced from DJI Store. It has the new motors. Is it necessary to update the firmware to v.1.06.0040 on the remote as well as the phantom 3 quad copter and batteries. I want to make sure that both firmware updates are exactly the same so would rather update the remote with the sd chip instead of DJI Go, or just leave V.1.05 as is.

The app will suggest updating to the latest version, the remote version won't necessarily match the P3 unit but as long as you have the latest version you'll be good!

The app will suggest updating to the latest version, the remote version won't necessarily match the P3 unit but as long as you have the latest version you'll be good!
OK, will the remote accept the new version and thanks for the reply

Just received my Phantom 3 advanced from DJI Store. It has the new motors. Is it necessary to update the firmware to v.1.06.0040 on the remote as well as the phantom 3 quad copter and batteries. I want to make sure that both firmware updates are exactly the same so would rather update the remote with the sd chip instead of DJI Go, or just leave V.1.05 as is.
You can no longer update the remote with the SD chip. That method was removed starting at 1.4. You must update the remote through the Go app, if you desire to do so. The Go app must have a connection to the internet. The latest version for the remote firmware is 1.5.7.00

When installing new firmware update V1.06 should you upgrade from v 1.04 to 1.05 1st or can you by bypass it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1