Firmware Update Strategy Idea

Reaction score
Did a few searches on this topic and found no results. Nonetheless, I hope this isn't a rehash of previous discussion(s)...

As upgrading/flashing Firmware on the P3 platform (and all DJI Platforms, by extension) seems to be a hot and frustrating topic of late, I had the following (probably non-original) idea:

Since the 16gb micro SD Cards are so inexpensive, and our Phantom(s) are up to 100x more expensive, I consider it a worthwhile investment to keep a "library/catalog" of separate, distinct Firmware updates on individual, inexpensive 16gb Micro SDs.

Seems like cheap insurance for Firmware updates where one's platforms performance is observed to be adversely affected. We have the FW Rev that serves us best, in our catalog.

This strategy idea becomes especially more important as the MFR no longer provides links to "rollback" FW to a previous version that performed well for a particular operator.

Discuss?

-Scorp65

While DJI does not have links to all of the old firmware versions, those files are still on their website. I have links to old firmware versions here.

Is there a way to find out what firmware it was on when purchased? Mine P3 was perfect when I first purchased it

Is there a way to find out what firmware it was on when purchased? Mine P3 was perfect when I first purchased it
if you still have the factory SD card it should be in the log file on that card unless you reformatted it. I didn't use the 8 gig factory card I just removed it and put it in my desk draw and installed a 64gig card in its place so it still has everything from the factory still on it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga