Firmware update required warning

Reaction score
On the djigo app, when I use it says firmware update required. Do I click and update?

I have, no problems with my new P4P, new updates, firmware and software.
But, apparently, not everyone's been so lucky.

NO.

Two reasons:

It will force you to accept DJIs new dynamic NFZs which means they can remotely ground you.

The new firmware SUCKS from what most people have experienced, as in drone breaking.

There's no issue with update. If you are in a no fly zone with geo on you can't fly. There are no many nfz.

I also heard the new firmware lowers the top speed from 70 down to the 40s. Can anyone confirm?

I also heard the new firmware lowers the top speed from 70 down to the 40s. Can anyone confirm?

The Phantom series never could go to 70, not without a tail wind anyway. Top speed pre new firmware was 45, can't say as to now though, but I have also heard that it's lower.

But I don't have to? Nothing's going to happen?

No, nothing will happen, as long as your firmware matches between your drone and he controller you should be good, the message is just letting you know new firmware is available.

I would recommend that you fly and turn on the drone without an active web connection though as DJI has a hardon for enforcing their new dynamic NFZs and I wouldn't put it past them to somehow force an update. I am assuming you are still using the pre "update" version of Go4 and have not logged in to accept the new terms of use yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl