Firmware Update problems

Reaction score
When I connect my phantom 4 Pro+ to the DJI Assistant 2 - it says firmware is current.
But went I start the app to fly, I get a 'firmware update required' alert at the top. when I advance to 'firmware update' i get a blank screen. any guidance would be appreciated.

Is there any way to clear the application data cache on the DJI app like you can on a normal android device? I know this, and uninstalling and reinstalling the application seems to resolve firmware and other sync issues on some types of devices. Make sure you have a valid internet connection too after you clear the cache and open the app again so it can communicate with the sever and verify that the firmware is indeed up to date. Because let's just say that your controller isn't connected to wifi it might not know that the firmware that is installed is actually current but it might have cached that the update was available, the last time it was online. Please let me know if you resolve it. Take care. Jesse.

update issue here. with dji assistant 2. firmware downloads to 91%, gets stuck same with rc. random percentage and stuck. rc on latest update. p4pro+

When I connect my phantom 4 Pro+ to the DJI Assistant 2 - it says it can not read the firmware? It then gives me an option to try again or restore to factory settings. I have done both and it still can not read the firmware version?
Is there any suggestions?
I tried doing it thru the app but it wont let me it tells me to update thru DJI Assistant 2

update issue here. with dji assistant 2. firmware downloads to 91%, gets stuck same with rc. random percentage and stuck. rc on latest update. p4pro+

Is this when downloading the firmware or transferring the file to the drone? If in download it might be an MD5 mismatch error of some type that is preventing the file from downloading properly. Try connecting your computer directly to your modem (if possible) with an Ethernet cable and disable any avs or security software you may have and try again please. Let me know.

Jesse

When I connect my phantom 4 Pro+ to the DJI Assistant 2 - it says it can not read the firmware? It then gives me an option to try again or restore to factory settings. I have done both and it still can not read the firmware version?
Is there any suggestions?
I tried doing it thru the app but it wont let me it tells me to update thru DJI Assistant 2

Try another USB port. If you have a USB 2 port try using it or if you have a three in addition and are using the 2.0 already, switch to it. Please make sure you are using the cable that come with the Phantom. It sounds like a driver or connection issue. The driver might be selected for the device in device manager but a USB conflict might cause the device to not enumerate properly.

Try another USB port. If you have a USB 2 port try using it or if you have a three in addition and are using the 2.0 already, switch to it. Please make sure you are using the cable that come with the Phantom. It sounds like a driver or connection issue. The driver might be selected for the device in device manager but a USB conflict might cause the device to not enumerate properly.
I tried using another USB port and that had no affect on the situation?
Yes I'm using the cable that came with it from the factory
This is what I'm doing
1. I plug in the phantom to the PC
2. I open the DJI Assistant 2
3. I click the P4 icon in the upper left corner
4. it defaults to the Firmware Update Tab
at this point it says "Cannot Load Firmware list. Please Retry"
I click the link to retry several times and nothing?
There is also a "FACTORY RESET" Button I even clicked that and still does not show any info on what version of firmware I'm using?

The strange part is that I can go to the flight records and see them and download them
I even did the calibration where you hold it up the screen on the PC and follow the steps

I tried using another USB port and that had no affect on the situation?
Yes I'm using the cable that came with it from the factory
This is what I'm doing
1. I plug in the phantom to the PC
2. I open the DJI Assistant 2
3. I click the P4 icon in the upper left corner
4. it defaults to the Firmware Update Tab
at this point it says "Cannot Load Firmware list. Please Retry"
I click the link to retry several times and nothing?
There is also a "FACTORY RESET" Button I even clicked that and still does not show any info on what version of firmware I'm using?

The strange part is that I can go to the flight records and see them and download them
I even did the calibration where you hold it up the screen on the PC and follow the steps

Thank you for your response. Your method appears to be sound. It almost seems like the application can not connect to the internet to download the available firmware list. Can you sign into your account inside of the application? Please make sure you allow the application through your firewall. It has a few components to it that need to be let through at least in my case. If that doesn't work please make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft's .net framework at least version 4.6.2. Uninstall the application and reinstall without the device plugged in and then restart your computer please and let me know.

Is this when downloading the firmware or transferring the file to the drone? If in download it might be an MD5 mismatch error of some type that is preventing the file from downloading properly. Try connecting your computer directly to your modem (if possible) with an Ethernet cable and disable any avs or security software you may have and try again please. Let me know.

Jesse

This is when downloading firmware via DJIA2. I've tried 3 computers and two different Internet providers uninstalled all AV disabled Win defender. Always gets stuck at 91%. Checking firm_cache folder under DJIA2 install dir does show the firmware download pieces. Updating from the RC gives issues as well. Update cancels a million times. And then at certain % gets stuck no matter. Have to reset DJI GO app. I'd keep trying tho. Maybe a Mac and a 2G internet hehe

Reactions: K9VXV
There seems to be some serious issues with V01.03.0418. Unlock licences are not working and there are some SDK problems. While doing a mapping job a few days ago using GS PRO the aircraft began to drift and suddenly entered a full power descent to the ground resulting in a total loss of the airframe. DJI are having a look at the logs but in the meantime we have grounded all DJI aircraft.

This is when downloading firmware via DJIA2. I've tried 3 computers and two different Internet providers uninstalled all AV disabled Win defender. Always gets stuck at 91%. Checking firm_cache folder under DJIA2 install dir does show the firmware download pieces. Updating from the RC gives issues as well. Update cancels a million times. And then at certain % gets stuck no matter. Have to reset DJI GO app. I'd keep trying tho. Maybe a Mac and a 2G internet hehe

Well it sounds like you have checked everything I can think of. I know firmware download issues, at least in the software I design has to do with MD5 mismatch errors. We use a multithreaded downloaded that reassembles the firmware parts into one large file and then verifies each individual file against its MD5 hash to check the integrity before it assembles. Our process will hang right before it copies (as it's assembling) if the files do not match. But your issue now seems to be like a craft communication issue still of sorts. Multiple computers without avs and different internet connections at this point seems to have exhausted all options. But what's even more odd is that you can't update via the application on a mobile device either.

I really wish we could download the firmware files and flash them directly through the DJI app, offline.

I have the P4P and not the Plus so I can't replicate your setup exactly but I'd think being Plus would have nothing to do with it because the AC firmware is pretty similar if not identical right?

How long have you had it? Have you ever been able to successfully update? Are you able to fly at all or are you blocked by the required firmware update?

Jesse

Well it sounds like you have checked everything I can think of. I know firmware download issues, at least in the software I design has to do with MD5 mismatch errors. We use a multithreaded downloaded that reassembles the firmware parts into one large file and then verifies each individual file against its MD5 hash to check the integrity before it assembles. Our process will hang right before it copies (as it's assembling) if the files do not match. But your issue now seems to be like a craft communication issue still of sorts. Multiple computers without avs and different internet connections at this point seems to have exhausted all options. But what's even more odd is that you can't update via the application on a mobile device either.

I really wish we could download the firmware files and flash them directly through the DJI app, offline.

I have the P4P and not the Plus so I can't replicate your setup exactly but I'd think being Plus would have nothing to do with it because the AC firmware is pretty similar if not identical right?

How long have you had it? Have you ever been able to successfully update? Are you able to fly at all or are you blocked by the required firmware update?

Jesse
Thanks. I've done all I could think of. Right now I wouldn't mind a zip file of the firmware folder to install. I've never flown before or tried to. I've had it a month now. The DJI go app not updating is weird as well because that's what most people online use. Is there any way you could try downloading the firmware on your end? To be sure its not a DJI server issue

Thanks. I've done all I could think of. Right now I wouldn't mind a zip file of the firmware folder to install. I've never flown before or tried to. I've had it a month now. The DJI go app not updating is weird as well because that's what most people online use. Is there any way you could try downloading the firmware on your end? To be sure its not a DJI server issue

And finally after tapping retry for 3 hours on the DJI GO App, firmware finally downloaded and updated. First flight was great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20