Firmware update from 3.08 to 3.14

M

mattweikel

What is everyone's opinion of the new update? Is it a necessary update? My phantom is flying great and I'm also using limefuel 6000 mah batteries. I don't want to mess anything up. Everyone's thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

If it ain't broke...
Is there a feature in 3.14 that you want? All the release notes show is that the no-fly zone around the Imperial Palace was added.

The only thing I was curious about was the flight controller is updayed. At least that is what it said in the assistant software this morning.

I had grief when I first installed 3.14 and using the rotorpixel gimbal, not sure if it was the gimbal creating the problems or not, kept getting red lights flashing when doing the calibration had to always do the calibration twice to get it to work,, did a hard reset to the flight controller and reinstalled 3.14 and now everything seems to be working as it should not sure if it was 3.14 that did it or just that the firmware screwed up when it installed, but she works now, just my 2 cents worth if it helps ya make a decision, happy flying

Very interested in this myself. I had a Phantom with 3.12 but after an issue I had to get a replacement from DJI which came with 3.08 so was thinking of sticking with that until I realised I don't have the option to control my landing if it goes into auto-landing as that comes in 3.12.

If 3.14 works ok I'll get it for that feature alone, better safe than sorry. I've seen too many videos of people's Phantom's about to land in water as they can't control it when it goes into auto-landing.

I went ahead and updated firmware yesterday and fly out 4 separate times with 4 different batteries. Everything went great!! No noticeable differences.

I went from 3.12 to 3.14 when it was 1st released, I've had no problems with the upgrade;) I have flown about 20 batteries worth of time with 3.14:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.