Firmware update failing

Reaction score
So I attempted to update to the 3.0 firmware by downloading the Phantom 2 Assistant 3.0 software. When I click to update to 3.0 it starts it's process and then I notice in the lower left windows flashes about USB device unrecognized and shortly after that the phantom starts a very annoying constant beeping and then tells me to power cycle since the upgrade failed. I couldn't find anyone having a similar problem. Could it be having some kind of driver issue with computer?

Usually that annoying noise is it loading and when you get message to reboot means it's loaded.

EMCSQUAR said:
Usually that annoying noise is it loading and when you get message to reboot means it's loaded.
But it tells me the update failed and when I open up the Assistant software it still shows upgrade to 3.0

Did you load the drivers first? (sorry had to ask) If so, try loading default and attempt update again. Assistant software -> Tools - load default settings.

Mine did that too. Failed when trying to update , phantom went red, annoying beep, told me it failed, and to power cycle.

I did it a few times, nothi, always failed. But... Then... I turned it off, waited a few moments longer, unplugged the phantom from my windows machine, cussed, looked for my sledge hammer... Plugged the phantom back in, turned it on, loaded the 3.0 assistant once again, and bang, it updated properly.

Weird... Just unplug the beast for a bit, shut it down for 30secs or more, the try it again. It should rectify itself.

Now I think I'm really screwed. So now when I power on, all it does is that annoying beep and that's it's. So it's no longer functional. Is there any way I can reset it so the annoying beep goes away and so I can update the firmware?

wilbev said:
So now when I power on, all it does is that annoying beep and that's it

Is it just a loud repetitive beeping? BEEP...........BEEP..........BEEP...........nonstop? If so, it means the NAZA isn't powered on, but the rest of the Phantom has power.

OI Photography said:
wilbev said:
So now when I power on, all it does is that annoying beep and that's it

Is it just a loud repetitive beeping? BEEP...........BEEP..........BEEP...........nonstop? If so, it means the NAZA isn't powered on, but the rest of the Phantom has power.

Yes, that is exactly what it is. So how do I get the NAZA powering back on? I assume this was caused from the failed firmware upgrade and now it has either corrupt firmware or is some kind of limbo stage. What are my options here to get back to a stable firmware?

anyone having issues with this? plugged in my other P2H3 and it says checking for P330CB, then automatically does an update, then shows that I need to install firmware updates that I have already done, and then won't let me update.

I haven't come across this yet but I would suggest confirming the USB connection is working properly and the drivers are properly loaded. Try another USB port or a different computer if you can.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31