Firmware update failed, can't see live camera feed

Reaction score
I received a DJI Phantom 3 Professional that was manufacture refurbished from DJI and includes the 1 year warranty. Everything worked flawlessly when I turned it on and connected it to my tablet, but it said that a firmware update was needed. So I went to DJIs website and downloaded the latest firmware zip v1.10.90 which was released on 2016-11-29. During the update process it made the beeping sound that it usually does then the light on the gimbal turned a solid red and instead of a beep-beep-beep, it made a solid constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sound that would not stop so I assumed the update failed and I powered off the bird. When I pulled up the log file, it said it had failed so I tried all the usual steps such as trying different SD cards, a earlier version of firmware, using a different PC to download the firmware onto the SD card and nothing worked. When I turn on the bird however and go to the app, it tells me the bird has the latest firmware and everything is up to date. But now the camera feed is blank. It is just a dark gray screen and nothing has worked to solve the issue. I have tried using the Go app on my phone, Samsung tablet, and iPad and nothing worked. I have full control of the quad, but just no camera feed. Some people have suggested that the gimbal and camera is bricked and I will have to send it in but I do not want to go without my drone for a long time. If anyone can offer any suggestions I would appreciate it, I am hoping this is a quick simple fix and not something that requires it to be sent in.

I received a DJI Phantom 3 Professional that was manufacture refurbished from DJI and includes the 1 year warranty. Everything worked flawlessly when I turned it on and connected it to my tablet, but it said that a firmware update was needed. So I went to DJIs website and downloaded the latest firmware zip v1.10.90 which was released on 2016-11-29. During the update process it made the beeping sound that it usually does then the light on the gimbal turned a solid red and instead of a beep-beep-beep, it made a solid constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sound that would not stop so I assumed the update failed and I powered off the bird. When I pulled up the log file, it said it had failed so I tried all the usual steps such as trying different SD cards, a earlier version of firmware, using a different PC to download the firmware onto the SD card and nothing worked. When I turn on the bird however and go to the app, it tells me the bird has the latest firmware and everything is up to date. But now the camera feed is blank. It is just a dark gray screen and nothing has worked to solve the issue. I have tried using the Go app on my phone, Samsung tablet, and iPad and nothing worked. I have full control of the quad, but just no camera feed. Some people have suggested that the gimbal and camera is bricked and I will have to send it in but I do not want to go without my drone for a long time. If anyone can offer any suggestions I would appreciate it, I am hoping this is a quick simple fix and not something that requires it to be sent in.

I had the same problem with a refurb I got from DJI. Wonder if they had a bad batch go through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My solution was to return it and get another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is what I was afraid of. :-( This will literally be my third drone from them that I will probably send back. The first two were the standard version, and I had nothing but trouble getting them to connect to my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31